Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shayraesmom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2009, 06:34 PM
    I cant download anything
    Help! I cannot download anything from anywhere- all I get is the following error message: "Internet Explorer cannot download (file info ) from (file info. com),,,, Internet Explorer was not able to open this internet site. Requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later." I can't figure it out!
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2009, 07:49 PM

Here are some ideas. If none of them works, post back.

Be sure and reset Internet Explorer to its defaults (TOOLS | INTERNET OPTIONS | Advanced tab | Reset Button).

Try the idea in this link (it's worth a shot, though it probably won't help).

Cannot Download with Internet Explorer

"Internet Explorer Cannot Download" Error Message when ...

Unable to Download Files Using Internet Explorer - How to Fix It (deletes index.dat in the Temporary Internet Files\Content folder)

You can also download FireFox and use that instead of Internet Explorer

Download FireFox
    ComputerHelpers Posts: 49, Reputation: 3

Jun 10, 2009, 02:03 AM

IE is your only browser, yes? If not, try another one. There may be some issues with the security settings on the browser, so that would be a recommend. I'd offer more direct assistance, but the TOS folks here, as well as other techs, seem to not like the idea of actual interaction with the folks with issues.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't download anything! [ 11 Answers ]

I have windows vista and Yahoo and I can't download anything! All I can download off is realarcade, but I want to download from Google and other places, too. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! ALSO IF THIS HELPS: ONCE A DOWNLOAD IS FINISHED, THEN IT JUST GOES AWAY, AND NOTHING HAPPENS!!

Avg download [ 6 Answers ]

Downloaded AVG and it shows up in "my documents" but it will not open. Aj.

Want to download my W-2's [ 1 Answers ]

How do I begin to download my W-2's ?

Can't download [ 1 Answers ]

Can't download anything. Get a popup that says: Security Alert... Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded. Spent a long time w/ MS tech & longer time w/Norton tech. All settings are correct. MS says it's Norton problem. Norton says it has to be a MS problem. My...

Can't Download. [ 17 Answers ]

I've tried downloading Trillian and Limewire on my new (3 months old) laptop, it refuses. I can download them, but they don't function. Is there a virus, please say no! I have firewalls and virus protection and the whole nin yards, but still... These programs will not download and function... ...

View more questions Search