Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missyo12 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2009, 04:12 PM
    Leaving husband
    My sister in Texas left her husband today with her two children. He has mentally and emotionally abused her. He is controlling, she has lost a lot of her hair from ragged nerves.. he does not work or put food on the table. And he has never worked , she supported him. They live in his dad's house and he spends his dad's retirement check every month on video games and he has a mental history... he always beats her on the head with the bible saying that she is not submissive to him... sometimes they don't even have running water, they do not have any transportation and etc, etc, etc, now he keeps calling saying that if she
    Does not call him by a certain time, that he is going to call the police because he does not
    Know where his children are. My sister left him a 3 page letter saying that she will be staying with family... can the police arrest her for taking her children out of that environment?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2009, 05:19 PM

If there has never been a police report filed, chances are they are going to take his side and err on the side of the children. HOWEVER, if she told him where they are, he has no case and just needs to file for custody.

How far away has she moved with them?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 9, 2009, 05:29 PM

They can not call the police for her just moving out, But she needs to file for divroce and file for child custody.

She can not move so far away that he has no right to visit.
    But get a child custody order in place though t he court
    susangpyp Posts: 258, Reputation: 73

Jun 9, 2009, 05:32 PM

Tell her to get into court and file for temporary orders. The police cannot arrest her for leaving her house. But she needs to get into court as soon as she can. If she can get an attorney asap, great, but if not the court clerks will help her with what she needs to do and help her file the right papers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaving husband? [ 4 Answers ]

To sum this up, I have been with my husband for 11 years now and I am 28 years old with two young children 4 & 9. For the past 3 years I have been thinking about leaving off and on, but for the past couple of months I can think of nothing but leaving especially when I am away from him whether its...

Leaving husband [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am writing to ask what I can do to leave my husband. I have been married for 40 years and he has cheated for the last time. He had this women in my home when I went to N.Y. when my mother died. I have a 15 year old boy that is my nephew, and I am the legal guardian of him. I have no money to...

Leaving my husband [ 5 Answers ]

I was wanting to get some advice. I want to leave my husband. He has cheated in the past. Has had no feelings over me, our marriage or our 20 month old baby. I want to move to another state. He is very violent. Has put his hands on me twice the rest of the time he is screaming and cussing and...

Husband leaving family on vacation [ 6 Answers ]

I've been married for 6 years. My husband and I visited Ireland about 5 yrs ago. We live in NC, USA. His mother is going to Ireland again in June with her husband and has invited my husband and 5 yr old son and agreed to pay their way. My husband has said yes. They're not paying for me and...

Need help leaving my husband! [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 26 y/o, married to my husband for 9yrs. We have a 6 y/o little girl who is attached to her daddy at the hip, almost literally. I've done a lot of stupid, immature things in this marriage, but I think the worst would be putting up with my husband & his emotional abuse. He does & says so...

View more questions Search