Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Melhoneybee Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2009, 01:09 PM

Thank you :)

Oct 25, 2009, 05:26 AM

I guess since the last post a lot has happened. And when I mean a lot, I mean a lot.
    He has a girlfriend now. Who is not in his year. She's 15. And in the year above me. She (like me) after meeting him in the last play we were in started to fancy him, and she plucked up the courage and told him. She has no idea about his problems, how he has been suffering from depression or anything like that. And since this confesession she and him are going out together.
    Nobody really knows about this. Only a few people. 3 of his friends in his year know, and 5 of her friends. And then he told me. Why? I don't know, probably because he tells me everything.
    I know this girl really well, we've known each other since we were little, and I know she's a really nice girl.
    And how do I feel about the whole situation? Well, I'm trying to be happy for the both of them. Everyone that knows about it is commenting on how sweet it is. But I kind of now understand why we could never go out in the first place, because I'm starting to think that this girl is way to young for him. And if she's too young, imagine how young compared to him I must be.
    Despite seeing this girl, he's still talking to me about his problems. I don't think he wants her to know about his problems. He still tells me I know more about him than anyone else does. And he has even said "Mel, I love you!"
    This girls friends are becoming concerned about her, they like me believe she is too young for this boy, and consequently believe that she is shutting herself off from them to be with him or think about him. They believe the relationship has gone to her head. He tells me they hardly spend any time together. His friends are all very supportive of it. But, its causing a lot of grief, having to sneak off to see her, having withstand all the disrespect her friends are giving her, and having to keep it quiet from everyone.
    I don't know how it's going to last. He says she makes him very happy. But if he's still coming to me to speak to me, and talk to me, and trusting me to listen to him, what sort of feelings does he have for her.
    He thinks I'm extremely happy for the both of them. THey are going out together soon. Maybe to the cinema. And me and him are seeing a lot more of each other in rehearsals for the play. The closest we've been to being alone, is when there were just two of us and one of our friends who is a year older than me. Otherwise, I'm taking your advice to always be with someone else in his company.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 25, 2009, 07:23 AM

You are handling this wisely.
    This also shows the kind of boy he is to have this girl on one side and having an emotional relationship with you on the other.
    That is not fair to this other girl, ans yes, she is too young for him. I just hope this girl does not find out about the two of you. Perhaps you should ask him if she knows and suggest he either stop with you or leave this girl alone.
    He seems to have a thing for young girls. I do not trust that.
    Be Careful with this young man

Oct 25, 2009, 11:47 AM

This girl knows that me and him are friends. He told her that I knew about them being a couple, and she has often said to me "Do you approve of me and him seeing each other?" and I always reply "What do my thoughts count? As long as your happy together thats all the matters"
    I don't think he has a thing for young girls. When we did the play I met him in, there was a group of 9 of us who always hung out together, he seemed to be one of the oldest, I being the youngest. This girl is exactly like me, met him during the rehearsals and started fancying him.
    He has publicly announced in her presence "Mel knows more about me than even I do"
    Are you suggesting he's two timing her with me? I really doubt that. We don't really have a relationship. We just.. okay, we sort of have one... but I wouldn't go as far to say it's two timing. So, I'm not sure how saying "please stop with me" will make things any better.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 25, 2009, 05:13 PM
    [QUOTE=Melhoneybee;2050465]
    Despite seeing this girl, he's still talking to me about his problems. I don't think he wants her to know about his problems. He still tells me I know more about him than anyone else does. And he has even said "Mel, I love you!"
    He says she makes him very happy. But if he's still coming to me to speak to me, and talk to me, and trusting me to listen to him, what sort of feelings does he have for her.
    QUOTE]

I'm only going by what you have said. I'm not saying he is two timing, I'm just wondering if he is not leading her on. If she knows he is still talking so much to you.
    I say he seems to have a thing for younger girls because it is unusual for a guy of his age to have two girls he is talking to as young as you two. Guys that age generally talk to girls closer to their age.
    rosemcs Posts: 325, Reputation: 47

Nov 6, 2009, 10:32 PM

Do what you REALLY don't want to do--forget about him. Concentrate on getting through school. Always remember, there are other wonderful men that will come along in your life as the years go by (he is still a boy)... if you blame him for anything you feel, he will become even more distant. You can't force a relationship, so pretty girl, put your head in your books and think about a path that will be smart in this economy. Your time to pay bills is coming shortly.

Nov 11, 2009, 03:50 PM

Me and him are growing distant. We are still close friends, and now I feel my feelings for him are slowly fading, I still think of him a lot, far more than I should do, but it is fading. I'm doing a lot of concerts now, plays, performing, and he's seeing more of his girlfriend, meeting up with her in town. He keeps tellingme stuff about her though, like every time they kiss etc. and I still feel he's more open with me about everything compared to her.
    I'm trying to grow distant, its hard, and it hurts me a little inside, it feels like self betrayal, but I'm doing it.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 11, 2009, 04:31 PM

If his talking about her hurts you, tell him to stop. Speak up!
    The fact that he is telling you stuff like that about is a red flag. That is a tacky thing for him to do. He has no respect for this girl and little respect for your feelings as well.
    I know this hurts, but his leaving you alone is a good thing in the long run.

Nov 17, 2009, 01:56 PM

Lots of things have been happening again. We treat each other as friends, lots more people are finding out about their relationship and are appalled. No one has the courage to say it outloud, but many have voiced their opinions to me. Since my last post, we have grown close again. Last night, I was performing opera at a school speech night at the philiarmonic hall (A very famous concert hall in Liverpool, UK) Before the ceremony started, he spent the whole time sat with me instead of his girlfriend reasuring me, wishing me luck, telling me what he thought of my opera and how he had every confidence in me. Although as soon as I left him, to go the dressing rooms before I made my appearance, apparently, his girlfriend came and joined him and they spent the whole night with her, apparntly. But when I entered onto the stage though he just sat there transfixed. And after the event he rushed up to me and gave me a massive hug, right in front of her...
    Today I passed him while he was on his phone, (I'm presuming to her) and as soon as he saw me he went "Gotta go, love you bye" put the phone down extremely quickly and went "Hey Mel...."
    I'm really confused... I don't want to forget about him... I do try to, but it doesn't work... It's so annoying, wherever I go, he's there... I try to be all hacked off with him... but I can't help but be overly nice...
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 17, 2009, 04:04 PM

You need to leave this guy alone, in fact he needs to leave you alone.
    You are setting yourself up to be hurt. Stop romanticizing about this boy, it is not doing either of you any good, and if this girl is your friend you are not doing her right.
    Get a grip young lady, you are too smart for this. I think he is enjoying the fact that he has two young girls who idolize him.

Nov 18, 2009, 12:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    I think he is enjpying the fact that he has two young girls who idolize him.
    Yes Homegirl 50, he is having fun playing with two girls hearts and it will soon become none.

Nov 20, 2009, 05:07 PM

Your right, I have taken these thoughts into consideration. I'm trying to just let him and her get on together. I know it won't last between them, and if he breaks her heart, he breaks her heart.
    There's a boy in my form, who apparently really likes me. I like him. Not as much as this older guy, but the more I see of him, the more I like him. We're becoming fast friends, and he's taking my mind off him :)
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 20, 2009, 06:15 PM

Good girl!
    You will soon not feel the same way about this guy. It's not a good situation, so if you can begin to talk to someone closer to your age, you would be better off.
    This older guy is bad news.

I wish you the best. Keep me posted.

Nov 21, 2009, 06:13 PM

Hey, sorry I keep coming to you guys for guidance, but I don't know who else to turn to.
    So this boy, in my form, me and him have known each other since we were about 4, and we have always been mates. Since about August we have grown closer friends. And, now I think I have some sort of feeling for him. A friend of his told me he knew that I like him. So I didn't deny it (usually that's the sort of thing I deny) apparently it's dead obvious I do like him. Possibly because every morning I see him, I rush up to speak to him and give him a hug, I'm always glad to see him and we are together quite a lot. Apparently he knows I fancy him and when he was asked does he fancy me he just went silent.
    Fancy, I don't really know what it is to fancy someone any more. The feelings I have for him, are there, but they're not as strong as the ones I had for this older guy, when I first met him. I don't get butterflies when I see him, when I smile at him, I don't go all weak inside,these were the feelings I had for this older guy, oh I'm too young to be worrying about all of this sort of stuff I know I am, but I needing something or someone to take my mind off him and his girlfriend. I'm so daft, what on earth have I let myself do to myself? Why couldn't I have never met him. I think that every day. I've tried going out with mates, going for walks, going to parties, shopping, walking painting, acting... but nothing takes my mind off him, what am I to do? Even when I think it does, it doesn't.
    If this boy really does fancy me, will it make things going on in my mind about the older guy go away? I just want to see him as a friendly 6th former, and nothing else... We spent the play rehearsal sat next to each other on Friday giggleing, it hurts me that I'm too young and he's with someone who is barely older than me. I try to be friendly and nothing more, but it just happens...
    WHY OH WHY OH WHY OH WHY!
    And do I truly fancy the guy who is the same age as me, or am I forcing myself too, or should I just go dig a pit, jump in and not come out for a very long time... Sorry, I know you're probably sick of me, but it's bugging me a lot :(
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 21, 2009, 07:04 PM

You don't get involved with someone to forget another person. I think you are trying to forget about the older guy.
    You really don't need to do that. Just let time take care of it. Don't go running to this guy hoping it will help you get over the older one.
    It's not fair to him and it won't do you any good either.
    You don't really fancy him, you are just trying to get over the older guy.

Nov 22, 2009, 05:30 AM

Thanks, I'll take this into consideration :)

Nov 22, 2009, 11:14 PM

I have been in this situation so many times myself. After time passes, there will be plenty of other things that will keep you occupied. He may stay in your mind for a long time, but he doesn't have to stay in your heart, especially when you don't have classes with him anymore.

Nov 27, 2009, 02:02 PM

Today has been a very strange time...
    I was doing a rehearsal tonight, and I have been unwell all week, I suddenly started getting really faint. The director told me to go sit outside for a short while. As I returned to the studio, (to go and sit back down at the back) I found him sitting right next to where I had been sitting... He asked me how I was. I told him I was unwell and dizzy, and he did some reasuring. He then asked me, would I like to go back outside again, he offered to come with me, so I refused (remembering what you had said about being alone) I made an excuse about it being too cold outside, so he said he would bring his coat... he seemed so determined to be alone with me, after my reluctance to, he finally gave up.
    Due to my increasing, illness, I lay down, on my mates coat, he immdiatley goes "Here, use my coat as a pillow"... So I do, he sits next to me smiling... and generally looking pleased... And everyone comments on how sweet I look sleeping on his coat... I drifted in and out of sleep seeing as I wasn't needed for the rest of the night.
    The strange thing is, shortly after I opened my eyes, I glanced upwards to see him with his hands over his eyes not budging... No one seemed to be paying attention to this apart from me and the other girl sat with us. People glanced at him. He sat there, for long time like this. I was kept going "****** are you alright? ****** Whats wrong******?"
    I got no answer for a longtime, and then he pulled his hands away from his face to show tears running down his cheeks. Everyone with us, looked at him shocked and confused.
    He just whispered "Sorry Mel, I'm fine, please, I'll be ok, I'm not crying, honest" but despite his lying, his face was all botchy, and his eyes were red... He didn't seem the same when we said goodbye and left.
    I really don't understand... I am anything to do with it? I'm a little worried about him
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 27, 2009, 02:52 PM

This guy either has problems or he is working you. Either way, leave him alone! Keep your distance from him. Don't let him sucker you in to feeling sorry for him and then being alone with him.
    He is too old to be trying to get with you, that is enough for me to know he ought to leave you alone and he would if he cared. This guy like messing with the mind of young girls.
    Leave him alone, be very weary of him.

Nov 27, 2009, 03:09 PM

Why would he want to get with me though, when he has a girlfriend, who he thinks the world of? He cares a lot about her, he wouldn't just leave her would he, I think he has the common sense not to do that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When a friendship goes to far [ 12 Answers ]

Does anyone think that it's normal for a married man who's 35 to have a frienship with a 20 year old co worker girl for them to text page one another and call each other, also when the wife goes to the job and then she sees his wife and she gets very upset and storms out of the job and slams her...

Friendship is it over? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused:Hey recently my friend moved away to college, she lives a few hours away now so I don't get to see her that much, to top it off we've ended up kissing a few times when we were drunk its happened a lot of times over a space of about 6months, started we just hugged a lot then she stayed at...

Can a friendship come out of this? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi all. Ive posted many blogs here about me and my ex.I have to say that finally am stress free?I over my ex!! And its all thanks to this site. Just to give you a heads up on what's going on my ex still calls me every other day. I wonder why? We haven't seen each other for 3 months but there's not...

Getting Over The End Of A Friendship [ 2 Answers ]

I've decided recently that one of my friendships has deteriorated to the point where it is in my best emotional interest to cut it off. I can't stop being angry at him for taking advantage of my friendship but I'm too much of a coward to tell him I never want to speak to him again. Has anyone...

Does he want more than friendship? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been friends with a guy for just over 4 months now, we met off the internet. He always texts me every week, and we usually go the movies and dinner. We get on really well together and have a lot of fun. The thing is, he's a very touchy feely guy and always has been for the time I've...

View more questions Search