Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Xyzpdq0121 Posts: 85, Reputation: 6

Jun 9, 2009, 11:29 AM
    Selection of an engagement ring stone.
    I have an option of three stones to choose for an engagement right. All "look" nice to me, but I am no expert. So I would like help and advice from people that know.

What is the best overall stone out of these three: (all will be mounted in white gold)

1) Shape: Round .50ctw
    Color: F
    Clarity: SI2
    Polish/Symmetry: Good/Good

2) Shape: Round .51ctw
    Color: H
    Clarity: SI1
    Polish/Symmetry: Good/Excellent

3) Shape: Round .61ctw
    Color: I
    Clarity: SI2
    Polish/Symmetry: Good/Good

All three stones are the same price. I am leaning toward stone 2 because I have been told that cut can overcome other flaws in the stone and it is rated higher in cut. But I am just not sure. I want to make sure that I am getting the best "deal" and advice from people that are not involved in the sale of the stone.

So what you think?!
    jennycarol Posts: 72, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2009, 02:24 AM
    I would suggest the 1st one because of its color F.

Color F refers to "colorless" diamond and colors H and I are "near colorless".

Clarity of all the three diamonds are almost the same. So one can't judge based on their clarity.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Engagement Ring [ 3 Answers ]

What law applies when one party lives in a state where the ring is a conditional gift and the other lives in a state where it is based on who calls it quits?

Selling an engagement ring [ 3 Answers ]

I broke off my engagement to Bob. I offered to return the ring because it is worth $10,000. He said no and told me to keep it. We are on good terms but rarely talk to each other. I want to sell it because I need the money but feel bad about it. What do I do?

Engagement Ring [ 5 Answers ]

I was curious if I can get it back. The thing is I live in NY and the girl I am Engaged to is in another country... what should I do and can I get the ring back? TT

What's the difference between a comitment ring and an engagement ring? [ 13 Answers ]

Can someone please help me here I was wondering what's the difference between a commitment ring and an engagement ring?

Old Engagement Ring [ 24 Answers ]

Should you give it back if you changed your mind or accept it because it was a gift?

View more questions Search