Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    precious1234 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2009, 03:53 AM
    I want my daugther back from adoptees
    How do I get my daughter back from adoptees I gave my rits to my mom and then she didn't want her no more she went to the court house and I meet her there and they told me since I gave her if I lost the hearing they would take any other kids away so I had to sign her away they then so ptr me
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 9, 2009, 05:58 AM

How long ago did this happen?

It's VERY hard to turn over voluntary relinquishment of parental rights. You have to PROVE that you were coerced, and that the court you were in when you signed away your rights did not explain to you what your rights ARE.

You NEED a lawyer. You don't have a CHANCE without a lawyer. But--if this happened long enough ago, they're going to consider what is in the best interest of the child, not what is in the best interest of YOU.

Jun 12, 2009, 09:58 AM
    [QUOTE=precious1234;1785746]how do I get my daughter back from adoptees I gave my rits to my mom and then she didn't want her no more she went to the court house and I meet her there and they told me since I gave her if I lost the hearing they would take any other kids away so I had to sign her away they then so ptr me`i was a child having a child I was 15 now am 26 my mom lied and tld me every thing was gana be all rit

Jun 12, 2009, 10:03 AM
    How do I take this post and change it people might judge I want to put something else :mad:
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 12, 2009, 10:33 AM

I'm not seeing anyone judging---just asking for more information.

I don't think you CAN edit your initial question. You can, of course, clarify what you've said by posting in the thread.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jun 12, 2009, 01:52 PM
    precious1234---Synnen gave you great advice. You need a lawyer big time. Being as you were a child when you had her and it seemed that your mother had control of what was done, then you might have a chance (with a great lawyer). I'm sorry you went through this. When did you decide that you want her back? Just now? Cause she'd be 11 now...

Do you currently have a relationship with her?
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2009, 02:25 PM

Also, do you have other kids? Did they blackmail you and say if you didn't sign your rights over your other kids would be taken away? Please clarify!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 12, 2009, 02:35 PM

So you are 26 and you had this child when you were 15. That would make the child about 10. When we ask for information its best to make sure you asnwer all the questions we ask. You did not say when this adoption took place. That is a key question.

But you really need to follow Synnen's advice. You NEED an attorney. You stand no chance of overturning the adoption without one. If the adoption was recent (the last year or two) you might be able to get her back, especially if she knows you as her mother. But the longer this happened in the past, the less the child knows you, the less chance you have.

As a side note, for you to stand any chance you need to present a better appearance. If you write about signing over your "rits", you will be presenting a poor impression since the correct word is rights. You need to be able to speak coherently and understandably in front of the judge. So far your writing has not been that coherent. This is not meant to put you down, but prepare you for dealing with the courts.
    picklesyac09 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2009, 08:34 PM

I'm sorry that this happen to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My sister abandoned her daugther. What can we do? [ 1 Answers ]

My 22 year old sister just ran away. She dropped off her daughter at my Aunt's house for babysitting this past Saturday night and never came back to pick her up. She turned off her cell phone and deleted her Myspace account. No one has been able to contact her. She left a note at our Dad's house...

Daugther returning to live with Mother [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter , now 16, went to live with her dad when she was 13. They live in Texas and I live in South Carolina. We have joint custody and he has guardianship. What steps do I need to take to transfer guardianship to myself? Also the next big question is money. We have two childrent...

I want to help my daugther [ 8 Answers ]

My daugther is 18 years old. She is being going our with this boy for 3 year. She is in love with him, he is nice with her, sometimes, but when hw gets mad he hit ger. She always excuse him. Also she told me that he has green car and want him to be send back to his country, but I don't know is that...

I feel my daugther dislike me as a father [ 1 Answers ]

For a long time I have felt that I been losing my daugther love and respect. She turning twelve on Thursday. I try calling her she doesn't pick her phone. Her mother and I are not together. Her mother never tells me anything about her. All she talks to me about is money. When I call the home phone...

Step daugther marriage [ 3 Answers ]

My step daughter is getting married.Obviously my husband will give her away.Her mother has also remarried.My husband and his ex wife hate the sight of each other,but will try for the sake of their daughter.. Where is the correct place in church for me,as a step mother to sit... in connection to my...

View more questions Search