Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kizzandlevin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2006, 01:08 PM
    Linksys PCI card Hates me!
    PC shows I am connected but then I get "Can't find server/DNS error" messages when I go to Internet Explorer link. Is this the card or my Pc settings?
    Please Help! :mad:
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 9, 2006, 01:30 PM
    You need to check your routers WiFi settings as it usually is a problem with WEP encryption.
    Best way to attack this issue is to disable ALL security, get a good solid connection and then re-enable security.

The way I attack WiFi security is threfold.
    1. MAC address access list
    2. WAP encryption (128 bit)
    3. Hide SSID

I find that this works a treat.
    Basically if the AP can't be seen then it presents less of a target.
    The MAC and WAP adds more security without slowing access speeds.

I must admit I have only tried WPA once and I ended up locking myself out of the AP, so I stuck with the above method.

Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Daughter hates me! [ 16 Answers ]

I have been living with my Mom since the birth of my daughter (who's now 20 months). Her Dad left for a job abroad when she was only 6 months old. She has become very attached to my Mom (her granny), and doesn't want to leave her even for a sec. Moreover we have a whole army of servants and...

My mother hates me [ 19 Answers ]

I really need to talk to someone no matter what I do it is never good enough for my mother. I love her very much but we cannot get along at all, I really would love to have a relationship to where we could be friends. I am 30 yrs. Old I have been married for almost 14 years.my father was a acholic...

Outlook Express Hates Me As Well! [ 3 Answers ]

Some of the emails I send are getting sent back to me saying I have been blocked by spamcop? What is this as I have never had it before. Thanks

13 YO hates Mom... please help [ 10 Answers ]

I have 2 boys - 16 and almost 14. Since the divorce in 1998 my sons have lived in both homes until 2004 when my oldest became so angry and frustrated with the situation that he attempted to overdose on antibiotics. A clear scream for help. At that time Dad finally said he could come and live...

My brother hates me! [ 1 Answers ]

Yet another question but this time not about my b/f... My b/f's brother. He just got a g/f about 3 months ago and me and him used to be really close I used to call him my big brother and he called me his little sis yeah close so since he got his g/f he's been ignoring me and being an ass I told him...

View more questions Search