Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjcj06 Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Jun 8, 2009, 10:47 PM
    Virus posing as Antivirus Software crashed computer
    The other day I was on You Tube and I got a message that popped up from my task bar that said "Warning: Your computer is infected please click here to solve the problem" It looked just like the messages from McAfee, so I clicked it. It definitely was not McAfee. A window popped up that looked like an Antivirus program with a black and yellow shield as the Icon. Then my computer froze and started making a redundant nosie so I powered down and restarted. The Login screen comes up just fine, but when I log in all I get is my desktop image and mouse icon. I can't move the mouse or open anything up, it just sits there forever. Does anyone have experience with this particular virus?
    TJ17 Posts: 76, Reputation: 13

Jun 8, 2009, 11:10 PM
    How'd you type this then? :confused:

Anyway I would just like to point out for the record your not very bright are you? lol

... ok that's enough of me demeaning you, I've had my fun, so to your problem.
    So when you log in you basically can't do anything at all, and nothing shows up except the desktop image and mouse icon and you can't use the mouse at all... and nothing happens when you use any of the keys on your keyboard?

If that's the case you might be better off and I know it's a drag and annoying but you might have to reinstall your operating system again... I suppose you have windows XP?

Someone might have another idea, but if you can't do anything then what choice do you have.

... Also when you get your comp working again... DON'T click those stupid pop ups.:p
    darkvision Posts: 232, Reputation: 15

Jun 8, 2009, 11:35 PM

OK now to get to your issue. Have you tried going into safe mode? Do you have a boot disk? Do you have a disk with an anti virus program on it?

If you can get to safe mode but don't have an anti virus program go to a friends house(or work PC or different PC in your house) and download Avast! Load it on your PC and remove the virus. If you can't do any of the above then your only option is to completely reinstall windows. And I would advise getting Avast mcrappy and norton are horrible.(avast can be dled and used for free, they also have a pay option)
    TJ17 Posts: 76, Reputation: 13

Jun 8, 2009, 11:49 PM

You Americans have no sense of humor... and I also mentioned about reinstalling your system.

... oh, and only a fool would click those pop ups by the way, so I was only stating a fact.

... and screw you to..
    jjcj06 Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Jun 9, 2009, 12:21 AM

I believe I said in my post that the message was exactly like the ones that McAfee pops up, it came from the task bar, not an online window. And thanks for the stereotyping, that's refreshing.
    pkmi67 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2009, 08:30 AM
    "You Americans have no sense of humor"... wow. We must have a sense of humor, we elected Barack Hussein Obama (mmm, mmm, mmm)

Take your foreign "values" and "one-world" love fest and stick 'em... AMERICA is the GREATEST country on the planet!!
    Bobbyboob Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2011, 07:20 PM
    Usa! All the way!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer Expert daddy says "there's no need for antivirus software!". Oops. [ 12 Answers ]

My free trial of Norton expired two months after I got my computer, and I told my dad to add that to the list of software I needed to buy and for him to install-- he, being a professional programmer and software engineer and all... Daddy says "Pssh, you don't need that." Nearly two years without...

Virus disables antivirus software [ 2 Answers ]

I have a virus on my Dell Inspiron that won't let me run antivirus software. When I try to boot in safe mode, I get a blue screen.

Computer slowing down dramatically, Anti-Virus Software doesn't appear to be working [ 9 Answers ]

Hi all, I have AVG anti virus software and Super Anti Spyware (both free) loaded on my Win XP machine. When I run them they seem to constantly pick up spyware etc. But after I clean up what they find it is still running very slow. Even to open a browser is slow. Can anyone help me out as to...

Computer crashed? [ 4 Answers ]

Please help,when I turn my computer on,I get a message saying kernal error 1255,its running really slow and many of the programs fail to run,run really slow or just freeze up,when I click on my computer,it doesn't even register c drive,it just shows a red cross,and I can't access bios on start...

Antivirus software [ 10 Answers ]

What is the best free antivirus software?

View more questions Search