Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2009, 06:51 AM

Hello again, boat:

We seem to be missing each other here. I have no idea what you're talking about.

excon
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2009, 07:21 AM

Hello again, boat:

Let me see if I can explain it sociologically.

In the beginning, we were members of tribes. One tribe didn't like any other tribe. It wasn't cause they were black, or green or anything like that. It was because there was only so much game to go around, and the two tribes constantly fought over the resources on "their" land.

THAT mentality continued for 1,000's and 1,000's of years and still hangs on in some circles today - maybe even in your mind.

However, when the industrial revolution began to make borders less and less relevant, the fight over resources became less important... WE as a people started to move OUT of our little tribal cliques and we got to know our neighbors, and we decided that they weren't so bad after all. The internet revolution made that transition go even faster.

We're still on that journey. No, we didn't get to the end yet, but we will make it.

You still want to take a moment out of this journey and say that's how we are. It's like saying cookies are wet and soggy if you happen to examine them during the moment in time before they were baked.

excon
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2009, 09:16 PM

Let me see if I can explain it sociologically
    Huh let me see the word GANG on the city streets are the enlightened. No tribal borders!

Where have you lived??

the fight over resources became less important
    Some how you have rose colored glass. Hard to believe you missed this one We are still fighting over resources WOW!

You still want to take a moment out of this journey and say that's how we are. It's like saying cookies are wet and soggy if you happen to examine them during the moment in time before they were baked.
    Maybe the leap here was the "Melting Pot" to heat to Oven to cookies. With your theory there is never a time to assess the Life in the U.S.

We're still on that journey. No, we didn't get to the end yet, but we will make it.
    Need a better analogy here not a 7th grade Homec class.

With that connotation the getting to the end will never happen unless mankind dies off and what's the point then!

Don't know what your smoking in that pipe, but this really sounds like a burnt out hippie remark. No real depth here.

Amazing in 7th grade I was writing things like

" He who knows what one knows not, Knows not what there really is to Know"

Hard to believe that it applies more then ever today..

No need to re teach me Amerciano History. I didn't flunk school... Now 33 years later still studying History, not to mention I grew up around professors..
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2009, 05:36 AM

Hello again, boat:

Well, if you can't understand it when I put it on a 7th grade level, then you ain't never going to.

We're done!

excon
    jammixmaster Posts: 282, Reputation: 15

Jul 1, 2009, 05:43 AM

It should have been done 10 posts ago! Racism is just stupid and wrong. People need to accept change. If they can't, oh well, move to a third world country where change doesn't happen and the race is predominately whatever one they are. Now, it's done.
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2009, 06:34 PM

Well, if you can't understand it when I put it on a 7th grade level, then you ain't never going to
    Obviously I did that's why the hit and run.

I can understand it and I feel the logic and philosophy is to broad. Its one of those trendy statements that's says a lot of nothing..

It should have been done 10 posts ago! Racism is just stupid and wrong
    Jamm.. You seem to be stuck on the "stupid" word with your post to express yourself, To understand Racism and get a handle on it as to why it exist is what beyond "just Stupid" The Mired cause and effect factors.

People need to accept change
    People don't' really need anything in that area. Its all about do they WANT to accept change and is it a good or bad change.

If they can't, oh well, move to a third world country where change doesn't happen and the race is predominately whatever one they are. Now, it's done.[/
    Apparently you are young, For the past 40 years This Country is fast pacing toward the 2nd world look with too much TRASH on the streets and now steel bars on the windows. Not to mention the 80s NY Gangs actually taking over a High rise housing complex and blowing out all the interior walls to turn it into a fort, And yes the city cops were shot by snipers from that building.

Pretty sure that's One of most visible measures of what a 2nd and third world Countries looks like Of one race or different races.. aside from the hungry aspect. We are also heading there when Welfare bankrupts this country,
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2009, 07:32 PM

Whenever anybody asks me. I say the same thing.

I am Canadian.

My wife is canadian too but she says she is spanish. I argue with her, you might have a spanish background but your full canadian.

It should not matter what background anybody is.

My fathers side - Swedish, Armenian.
    My Mothers side - Scottish and French Canadian.

P.S. Just to add Toronto is one of the biggest multicultural cities in the world.

We have people living here that is from all over the world.

Jul 2, 2009, 05:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 21boat View Post
    Obviously I did thats why the hit and run.

I can understand it and I feel the logic and philosophy is to broad. Its one of those trendy statements thats says a lot of nothing..

Jamm.. You seem to be stuck on the "stupid" word with your post to express your self, To understand Racism and get a handle on it as to why it exist is what beyond "just Stupid" The Mired cause and effect factors.

People don't' really need anything in that area. Its all about do they WANT to accept change and is it a good or bad change.

Apparently you are young, For the past 40 years This Country is fast pacing toward the 2nd world look with too much TRASH on the streets and now steel bars on the windows. Not to mention the 80s NY Gangs actually taking over a High rise housing complex and blowing out all the interior walls to turn it into a fort, And yes the city cops were shot by snipers from that building.

Pretty sure thats One of most visible measures of what a 2nd and third world Countries looks like Of one race or different races..aside from the hungry aspect. We are also heading there when Welfare bankrupts this country,
    You must not understand what a second world country is my friend. Trash in the streets, 80's NY gangs and steel bars on windows DO NOT equal a third world country. Forgive if thinking that high speed internet, HD radios and TVs, satellite communication, hybrid cars and even integrated information systems indicates that America is NOT a 2nd world country nor heading towards it. And if you feel America truly is a 2nd world country (or "fast pacing toward the 2nd world look" as you put it) then why not leave. Get out if that's how you feel. As for your little comment about people "wanting" to accept change... they have no choice. If they did, change wouldn't happen. They would have enough power to stop it. Well guess what. They don't! So they have no choice but to accept it. I'm sure most of the southern states did not want slavery to end. But what power did they have to stop it? None, so, slavery was ended. I'm sure most men didn't want women to vote back in the day. But what power did they have to stop it? None, so women gained the right to vote. So, people don't have a choice in accepting change. They can't choose to "not want" change. No matter what they "want" to happen does not mean it will. So like I said, you don't want change, go to a country where change does not happen.

And to expound on this, lets not forget that America was founded and built on the backs of different ethnicities. If people can't seem to accept that America will stay the melting pot that it is then they should get out and quit complaining about things they have no power to change. There are better things to do with their lives... or there should be.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2009, 03:07 PM

... they have no choice
    Not even choosing is choosing " I choose not to choose." You must live in a country where someone is holding a gun to your head to force you to choose. What part of the word do you live in...

Everybody has a choice int this Country.

I'm sure most of the southern states did not want slavery to end
    Correct. Even the southern blacks in slaves states owning black slaves probably felt the same way as the white slave owners. They were going to lose there means of making money.

you don't want change, go to a country.
    Apparently you only know what half that word means. Not All Change is good. Where did I ever post that! Of course I want change, I want this country to be safer and cleaner to walk down our streets like it was in my generation or my dads generation.

then why not leave
    I was born here, My families direct generations as with others in the U.S. fought to keep this country safe form other countries and safe for people like you and me to live here. My direct generations worked HARD to make a living in this country and were never on welfare,etc. Just coming from abroad or being born here is not a complete entailment. Making a POSITIVE contribution this your country by either working hard, or parent(s) raising a child(s) to have morals and respectfully honor the good and in turn become a good Stewart of this country. As far as I'm concerned, That's a the Change I like to see us get back too. To respect ALL Americans that really works to make this country possible. Apparently that basic hand book is not as popular as the racism card that's so in everybody's face. Everybody professes they want this and that but too many don't want to work for this and earn that!

America was founded and built on the backs of different ethnicities.
    Sure it was and these people worked for themselves and in turn became very viable Americans hands down, or starved they starved back then. Different caliber of ethnicities. Lets not forget all the ethnicities of child slavery during the beginning/during the industrial age of this country The "sweat shops"

If people can't seem to accept that America will stay the melting pot that it is then they should get out and quit complaining about things
    I think you are confused here. The "Melting Pot" is not the problem here. That is so misused to justify the bad situation we are in today. It's the basic morals and caliber of today's melting pot that is so different today compared what it used to be not so long ago and is greatly/disproportionately turning this nations cities into daily killing fields. Maybe you better read your newspapers and statistically see who is killing who and evaluate all the ethnicities. Facts are facts.. Not an opinion. They all have choices

Trash in the streets, 80's NY gangs and steel bars on windows DO NOT equal a third world country.
    I said LOOKS like. Please read my words and don't take them out of context to justify this all or nothing tactic..

If people can't seem to accept that America will stay the melting pot that it is then they should get out and quit complaining about things they have no power to change. Again where do you live! This countries foundation is based on making changes by having ones freedom to do so. It's the most precious thing we fought for to separate from Britain's rule.. Dam good thing the northern states didn't have your altitude during slavery.. mmm Lets see Britain said the same basic thing. They very fiber of this country is based on changes and as things go what might have worked before may not be working today, again simply the practice and theory was based on different calibers of people coming and or now living in this country.

Does this mean you didn't vote in our last presidential election hoping for change and not happy with no change or the status quo? Again its NOT about the Melting Pot itself, It's the caliber of the melting that should change to better this society not take from it or burden all the working taxpayers to pay to support them and or pay for more police to protect the rest of the Americans that understand work and values this country set in place a LONG time ago..

Study your history and the general mentality of what put this country ahead of most other countries and the general types of people with there thinking. Bottom line it was the combined caliber of people that took us from horse and buggies to moon landings.

Jul 2, 2009, 03:19 PM
    Not even choosing is choosing " I choose not to choose." You must live in a country where someone is holding a gun to your head to force you to choose. What part of the word do you live in.....

Everybody has a choice int this Country.

Correct. Even the southern blacks in slaves states owning black slaves probably felt the same way as the white slave owners. They were going to lose there means of making money.

Apparently you only know what half that word means. Not All Change is good. Where did I ever post that!! Of course I want change, I want this country to be safer and cleaner to walk down our streets like it was in my generation or my dads generation.

I was born here, My families direct generations as with others in the U.S. fought to keep this country safe form other countries and safe for people like you and me to live here. My direct generations worked HARD to make a living in this country and were never on welfare,etc. Just coming from abroad or being born here is not a complete entailment. Making a POSITIVE contribution this your country by either working hard, or parent(s) raising a child(s) to have morals and respectfully honor the good and in turn become a good Stewart of this country. As far as I'm concerned, Thats a the Change I like to see us get back too. To respect ALL Americans that really works to make this country possible. Apparently that basic hand book is not as popular as the racism card thats so in everybody's face. Everybody professes they want this and that but too many don't want to work for this and earn that!!

Sure it was and these people worked for themselves and in turn became very viable Americans hands down, or starved they starved back then. Different caliber of ethnicities. Lets not forget all the ethnicities of child slavery during the beginning/during the industrial age of this country The "sweat shops"

I think you are confused here. The "Melting Pot" is not the problem here. That is so misused to justify the bad situation we are in today. Its the basic morals and caliber of todays melting pot that is so different today compared what it used to be not so long ago and is greatly/disproportionately turning this nations cities into daily killing fields. Maybe you better read your newspapers and statistically see who is killing who and evaluate all the ethnicities. Facts are facts.. Not an opinion. They all have choices

I said LOOKS like. Please read my words and don't take them out of context to justify this all or nothing tactic..

If people can't seem to accept that America will stay the melting pot that it is then they should get out and quit complaining about things they have no power to change. Again where do you live! This countries foundation is based on making changes by having ones freedom to do so. ITS the most precious thing we fought for to separate from Britain's rule.. Dam good thing the northern states didn't have your altitude during slavery.. mmm Lets see Britain said the same basic thing. They very fiber of this country is based on changes and as things go what might have worked before may not be working today, again simply the practice and theory was based on different calibers of people coming and or now living in this country.

Does this mean you didn't vote in our last presidential election hoping for change and not happy with no change or the status quo? Again its NOT about the Melting Pot itself, Its the caliber of the melting that should change to better this society not take from it or burden all the working taxpayers to pay to support them and or pay for more police to protect the rest of the Americans that understand work and values this country set in place a LONG time ago..

Study your history and the general mentality of what put this country ahead of most other countries and the general types of people with there thinking. Bottom line it was the combined caliber of people that took us from horse and buggies to moon landings.
    Everything you are saying has nothing to do with the asker's question about why ethnicity should (or should not) matter. You go off on this rant about 2nd world countries and 80's NY gangs and people getting shot and trash in the streets. This has nothing to do with why ethnicity matters. I don't know where you are getting your facts but the remain with the fact that we HAVE NO POWER to change anything. If we do, then why isn't the world the way it was during your generation, or your father's as you put it? If you believe you have the power to change everything then do it, don't sit here and post about it. CHANGE IT! But you can't change it can you... no... you can't. All you can do is scream, holler and complain about the things that you wish you could change.
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2009, 03:31 PM

Okay, Can I make some comments about american. America is not the center of the universe. All this debating you have about USA.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2009, 04:15 PM
    Forgive if thinking that high speed internet, HD radios and TVs, satellite communication, hybrid cars and even integrated information systems indicates that America is NOT a 2nd world country nor heading towards it
    Rome fell and look how far advanced they were but look at the culture that not only ruined that but many of Romes advanced technologies were lost especially in the science/education areas. This changing of the guards, caliber of the people that took it over weren't advanced enough to continue the sciences of Rome.

Having technologies is not just the only gage here. First what generations/people developed theses technologies and for there generations to grow up with them..

An oil rich country that buys Suvs to ride around in the desert beside Camels talking on there cell phones doesn't make them a 1st world country in the true sense. But you seem to think so buy your gage.

I'm not even sure what the middle East countries invented. For that matter how much Africa or south America Mexico Puerto Rico etc invented in real measurable amounts. For the last 200 years look at what parts of the world and the ethnicities that were the major players in all that you mentioned.

I think you need to understand all measures here. Health care etc.

Can't believe I'm reading this, If you don't think this is a 1st world country then maybe you need to leave and come back to understand the meanings here. I said have cities looking more like a 2nd world country and sliding fast to end up like a 3rd world country.

The gage here is simple. More and more can't walk our streets in the safety we used too.( heading in the wrong direction) Towns with shootings and killings way Beyond what it was before ( sliding scale) Streets with the same houses that been there for decades and had clean streets then. But now these same streets looks so dirty with trash and graffiti everywhere. How do you explain that. Did someone loose there arms and legs. Are trash cans illegal in there streets now? I don't consider Puerto Rico a first world island even though its part of the U.S. The Amount of litter there looks just like our city streets do here where they live. That's a fact not a racial statement

Puerto Rico has the same thing in technology access and usage we have and who brought that there But I don't consider Puerto Rico a 1st world island just because of cars and things. Look at an average of 2.5 killings a day out of 4 million people, The hospitable can't even compare to the states.

The best thing here is at least we are talking about our views and why we think what we think. I thank you for that... Good bad or indifferent. Keeping it in the classroom debate is the way to make changes or publicly express ones thoughts and no one going off the deep end. I appreciate your comment " My friend"
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2009, 04:22 PM

Blah Blah Blah.

Jul 2, 2009, 04:43 PM

Well 21 boat, I have to agree with you there. At least we have the freedom to talk about this without persecution or anything. I still do disagree with the rest of what you're saying/ But as jesus helper stated, it's all becoming "blah blah blah" so let's just agree to disagree and end it here on a friendly note.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2009, 07:27 PM

Okay, Can I make some comments about American. America is not the center of the universe. All this debating you have about USA
    Hay Canada. I'm in the USA and it is the center of my universe in that way first. Wonder how Canada would have faired if we allowed the Japanese to overtake us. So I love my Country what's your problem here... Lest read between the lines , You apparently have a problem with the subject relationship topics and want to squelch it. Usually someone does this to avoid truths or not wanting to addresses them.. or weak in controversial conversations. Your next post shows the problem here.

Blah Blah Blah.
    Boy that's adding a lot of to the subjects here

Jammixmaster Sorry I disagree
    Blah Blah Blah.
    I can get that same response from a child who can't speak yet and can't reinforce that coming from an adult no less a human relationship Expert.

Jammixmaster I did enjoy our conversation we had and it keeps the brain muscles working and making full sentences. Couldn't imagine jumping in on a conversation and insulting ethnic people about there views with the interjection being Blah Blah Blah...

It re a firms how we as people from different ethnic backgrounds will never resolve things or kick them around as adults should and air things out.. Stops misconceptions to say the least knowing what one thinks or feels.

The response from Jhelper doesn't' reflect well for a 1st world society does it. What was my comment, heading toward a 2nd and 3rd world manatility...

Until we meet again My friend, Be healthy and kill people with respect and gestures of kindness. I respect you as an adversary and as a person.. Thanks for kicking it around!!

Editing here

Jesushelper hard to believe reading your site name you present yourself as a relationship expert and with a religious connotation and yet it appears you can't handle My relationship with another poster. No bad advice was given here to misdirect anyone. So how's this work. If I read a posts you are on and you keep reposing something I don't want to read I use the ruse " You wanted a rating here it is" Just can't believe the bad behavior here...
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2009, 07:59 PM
    You have turned this thread into something it should not be.

It has gone way off on this thread and you need to stop it.

Enough Already. End it. Stop it.

Bad behavior, what exactly are you doing?
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Jul 2, 2009, 08:02 PM

This is what gets to me more than anything. People having pride of their race like they had anything to do with it. All they did was, be born. Like white supremacy groups. To me, the only group that I look down on is the group that thinks they are above other groups, just by virtue of being born into that group. What a bunch of jack a$$es they are.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 2, 2009, 08:23 PM

Hay Canada. I'm in the USA and it is the center of my universe in that way first. Wonder how Canada would have faired if we allowed the Japanese to overtake us. So I love my Country what's your problem here... Lest read between the lines , You apparently have a problem with the subject relationship topics and want to squelch it. Usually someone does this to avoid truths or not wanting to addresses them.. or weak in controversial conversations. Your next post shows the problem here.
    Read the original post, the OP is from Canada. How we got into a discussion about the US I don't know.

21 Boat, you say a lot without saying anything. Each post is longer then the previous one, yet you still don't make sense.

You are insulting people.

Also, America may be the center of your universe, but it's not the center of everyone's. There are a lot of Canadians on this site, you may want to keep that in mind. You see, I love my country too, just as much as you love yours.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2009, 08:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Read the original post, the OP is from Canada. How we got into a discussion about the US I don't know.

21 Boat, you say alot without saying anything. Each post is longer then the previous one, yet you still don't make sense.

You are insulting people.

Also, America may be the center of your universe, but it's not the center of everyone's. There are alot of Canadians on this site, you may want to keep that in mind. You see, I love my country too, just as much as you love yours.
    Its not just americans and canadians either :)
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2009, 08:43 PM
    Hay Canada. I'm in the USA and it is the center of my universe in that way first. Wonder how Canada would have faired if we allowed the Japanese to overtake us. So I love my Country whats your problem here... Lest read between the lines , You apparently have a problem with the subject relationship topics and want to squelch it. Usually someone does this to avoid truths or not wanting to addresses them.. or weak in controversial conversations. Your next post shows the problem here.

Boy thats adding a lot of to the subjects here

Jammixmaster Sorry I disagree

I can get that same response from a child who can't speak yet and can't reinforce that coming from an adult no less a human relationship Expert.

Jammixmaster I did enjoy our conversation we had and it keeps the brain muscles working and making full sentences. Couldn't imagine jumping in on a conversation and insulting ethnic people about there views with the interjection being Blah Blah Blah......

It re a firms how we as people from different ethnic backgrounds will never resolve things or kick them around as adults should and air things out.. Stops misconceptions to say the least knowing what one thinks or feels.

The response from Jhelper doesn't' reflect well for a 1st world society does it. What was my comment, heading toward a 2nd and 3rd world manatility....

Until we meet again My friend, Be healthy and kill people with respect and gestures of kindness. I respect you as an adversary and as a person.. Thanks for kicking it around!!!!!

Editing here

Jesushelper hard to believe reading your site name you present yourself as a relationship expert and with a religious connotation and yet it appears you can't handle My relationship with another poster. No bad advice was given here to misdirect anyone. So hows this work. If I read a posts you are on and you keep reposing something I don't want to read I use the ruse " You wanted a rating here it is" Just can't believe the bad behavior here....
    What does religion and relationship expert have to do with this thread. Do you even know what the original point of the thread was? Probably not. I could get into a lot of things here but that would be defeating the purpose of the thread. I am not going to play these games with you.

I am Canadian and many others here are Canadians and others come here from all over the world. I do not know why this all got into such a heated debate, but all I know is there are a few really arrogant Americans that think they are the center of the universe and savior of the world but your not.

I would also like to say that Canada is one of the most diverse countries in the world and I am very proud of my Country and very Proud to be Canadian. It does not matter what any of our back grounds are we are ALL HUMAN.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What skin lightening method is best for African American ethnicity? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I´m new to this site and I feel weird because it´s my first time writing a question. I want to know which product is best for African American skin, I´m 23 and will turn 24 in October and I´m really looking forward to have a change on my skin discoloration! My original birth skin tone...

Where did matter come from? [ 24 Answers ]

I have a general question to ask. I'm a big fan of the big bang theory, the general theory that everything in the universe today was in one hot and dense state, there was an explosion and subsequently matter spread out and the universe is expanding today but I was wondering where the matter came...

What ethnicity does this girl look? [ 3 Answers ]

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting And I mean like heritage not like the obvious what colour someone is

Age matter [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 27 and my husband is 57 were together for 9 months and keep trying but still I'm not pregnant. Does my husband age matter?

View more questions Search