Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rene48 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2006, 11:58 AM
    PAID for training?
    I was offered a job with a company that requires me to be gone for 7 days of training out of town RT 330miles in 2 separate weeks 5 days home 2 days home , They told me that they will put me up in a motel- I never asked will they pay me, give me mileage- it will cost me at least $100 for gas, and pay for food, have my own room[ not share like I am in camp ahaha]. Is this common for a company to pay for a new hire for training? I want to know so that I can ask what they are giving me and decide if I will go or not. Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 9, 2006, 12:33 PM
    It depends on the job. One of my earliest jobs was with a compnay that was moving the operation from Lansing MI back to NYC. The company flew us out Monday mornings and back on Friday evenings. We each had our own motel room. Rental cars where assigned to managers. Food, however was on our tab.

I would think they should reimburse you for travel and accommodation.
    rene48 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2006, 01:53 PM
    Thanks Scott- now I have a guideline to go with. Every question I have ever asked on this site- answers were courtious, mature and literate YEAH!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Did'nt Get What We Paid For. [ 10 Answers ]

We ordered a custom built Trailer (01/17/06), after a longer wait than promised the Trailer arrived only to find some options missing and the hitch weight to be Lbs600 more than advertised, so they came and picked it up to get fixed, when it came back it's still missing some options and the hitch...

Paycheck not paid [ 6 Answers ]

Hi All, I have a problem and I seek somebodies advice regarding. I used work for a company earlier and before working they made a deal that I need to work under them for 12 months, My job started around dec 2004. In Jan I met with an accident and I got billed around 30000 from the Hospital. I...

Getting paid! [ 6 Answers ]

Hey, I have a simple question. I had to go to court (long story) and won about $3000 but that was a few years ago. Of course I have not seen any of it... what can I do? I don't know how to go about garnishing wages, and have since moved to a new state... any thought?

Employer paid too much [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question about vested interests. My former employer paid me 100% of the vested interest in my 401K instead of 40%. I was unaware of this at the time and I am still not sure it is in fact true as the dollar amount they say they paid me does not match my records. I just received a letter...

Paid here, not living here... [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, my inquiry is the following. I arrived to the US under a H1B visa in March 05, and worked here (paid by a US company in an US account) the whole year. In a couple of weeks I will be coming back to Europe (indefinitely), but for at least a year the US company will keep paying my salary in my...

View more questions Search