Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrshoe01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2007, 12:23 AM
    Has anyone tried hooking up their vaio to a sony lcd TV? I have a sz-120p and sony lcd TV that has s-video, component, and a vga looking (but not vga - too many pins) imputs. Any help would be great, thanks.
    djnightfly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 04:07 PM
    Hi guys!
    Useful infos here. But I still have some troubles. I have a VAIO VGN FE11S that I want to connect to a Samsung 2032MW. Have anybody succeeded in making it work with a Samsung lcd-tv? Any hints? Thank you
    gromit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2007, 05:42 PM
    Hi,

I've the same problem with my vaio VGN FE31M and Samsung lcd 2032MW.

After runnig windows updates and vaio updates I do the instruccions of the previous answers, following this sequence:

VAIO Control Centre --> Plug & Display --> UNCHECK Enable automatic output function i.e. DISABLE it.

Restart the Notebook. On having restart hit Fn + F7 to enable VGA output and the PC option should now be available from the source list on the monitor.

After this Samsung display seems to work, but in NVIDIA Control Panel the samsug display appears as a CRT, NOT as lcd. So I can configure it like a tipicall CRT what is really strange.

Somebody have de same problem? Or it's normal that LCD appear as a CRT display in NVIDIA Control Panel?

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Samsung squeaky dryer [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All: I have been following the threads on squeaky dryers. I have a (just) one year old Samsung stackable dryer (model DV4006) that has just started squeaking. First it was intermittent, now it is continuous (and piercing!). Is it normal for these parts to go so quickly? I hope to try to...

Compaq Presario vs. Sony Vaio [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I just bought a Compaq Presario 6027US for $80. It's a Pentium 4 Processor, 2.0 GHz, 512 Mb, PC 2100 DDR Total System Memory. It's 3 years old. Here's what confuses me, my laptop of about the same years is a Sony Vaio PCGFXA63. And this compaq presario is either equal to or better in...

Sony Vaio PCG-K27 Bios Problem [ 9 Answers ]

I am having an issue with my notebook. I forgot the password that I put on it a year ago when I bought it. I need to know either how to remove this password, or what tools are needed to remove it. I am willing to take it to a service center, but I cannot afford to send it to the Sony facility in...

Which notebook? [ 3 Answers ]

hi, need some guidance. Daughter's going to college and is buying an entry level notebook, narrowed down to two- 1) toshiba a85- s107 and 2) compac presario m2105 us. compac- With a 15" display, wireless capabilities and combo drive, the Compaq Presario M2105US notebook gives you the...

Cleaning notebook [ 1 Answers ]

My toshiba notebook has a metallic finish. Where I rest my palm when I write a dark patch has developed.I can't get rid of it. Is it oxidation? Do you know how to make my laptop shiny again?

View more questions Search