Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dranna Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2009, 01:08 PM
    Bumps on my arms from sun. why?
    I'm Not A Big Fan Of The Sun. But Lately, I've Been Exposing My Skin More To The Sun, Cause I'm Really Pale And I Need The Sunlight. My Arms And Hands Have Bumps On Them Since I've Been Out In The Sun. Does Anyone Know Why?
    Megan2345 Posts: 239, Reputation: 8

Jun 8, 2009, 05:53 PM

Are you on any medication?

Jun 8, 2009, 06:37 PM

Nope. I figured it was because I never went out in the sun. But the bumps are still on my arms, and I've been out in the hot sun only a few times and not for very long.
    TJ17 Posts: 76, Reputation: 13

Jun 8, 2009, 07:23 PM

Did you put any type of cream on before you went out in the sun or after?
    Because it sounds like a reaction of some kind.

Are the lumps hard or soft to the touch and are they painful in any way?
    And are they just on the hands and arms?

Jun 9, 2009, 02:01 AM
    I didn't put anything on my arms before I went out in the sun. I was outside for about 15 minutes. I got aloe vera, and I've been putting that on my hands and arms.

They aren't hard bumps. Its kind of like I have hives. Small and soft bumps. They're on the top of my hands, not my palms. On my arms, not forearms. They itch, and every time I scratch them, it hurts like it would if I were to scratch a sunburn. But I don't have a sunburn. I did have one. But it went away, though.

Jun 9, 2009, 05:24 PM

I think I know why now, but it's just a guess in your case, but did you use Aloe Vera cream or a leaf of the Aloe Vera plant, the reason I'm asking that is because a friend of mine likes the beach a lot but always gets burnt and another friend suggested using some Aloe Vera on the burns to easy the pain.
    Well she did that and came out in lumps everywhere because she was allergic to it.
    So maybe it's a reaction to the Aloe Vera you used, if that's the case stop using it and wash the infected area in a non perfume soap and see if the lumps go away in a couple of days, if not then it may be something else and you should see your doctor.

Jun 9, 2009, 11:17 PM

I got the bumps after I was in the sun for about 15 minutes. I got aloe vera after that happened. I know it's not the aloe vera, cause I've used it before. It's just weird, because this has never happened before. Just wanted to see if anyone knew, without me actually having to see a doctor. Something I don't want to do.

Jun 9, 2009, 11:36 PM

Has the swelling gone down or gotten worse?

Jun 10, 2009, 04:44 PM
    It hasn't gotten worse. And it doesn't look as though they have gone down much. I just don't know if it's some kind of allergy towards the sun or something. I'm still putting aloe on it, so that's probably helping it not get worse.
    lafytafy05 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Jun 15, 2009, 11:43 PM

Reminds me of when I had heat rash type of deal. I was taking meds for strep throat in the summer and was still in the sun... I was at football camp and the trainer asked if it was on my stomach...

So is it on your stomach or back? Or just the parts that you put in the sun?
    And if they itch try putting on calamine lotion.

Try going to web-md and put in your symptoms you should be able to come out with an answer. If it spreads id suggest a dr. visit.

Jun 16, 2009, 12:32 AM
    Nah. I'm pretty sure it's not heat rash. I've had heat rash before, and it was never like this. It's only on my arms and hands. No where else. I'm thinking it may be some allergic reaction to the sun, cause I'm not a fan of the sun and try to avoid it as much as I possibly can. My sister said it could be the fact that my skin is just trying to get used to being out in the sun all the time. But I'll try webmd and see what they say.
    lafytafy05 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Jun 16, 2009, 01:10 AM

Yea that could very well be it. Your skin got so used to not being in the sun and if your fair skinned it might have been very unusual for the skin to be in the sun.

And heat rash sucks! Just as long as it doesn't spread it shouldn't be serious.

Jun 16, 2009, 02:03 PM
    I'm a very pale person. I don't tan after I get sunburned, which is why I avoid the sun. I'm very sensitive to the heat and cold. I'm hoping that my skin will go back to normal. It's getting really annoying. The bumps haven't spread, so I'm not going to worry too much about it.
    lovelymom2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2010, 07:50 PM
    I'm on birth control and I went out in the sun earlier this week with no tanning lotions on or sunblock and I get these bumps. I was on this birth control a couple years back and it did it to me when I went tanning. But I feel like my birth control is making me have an allergic reaction to the sun. I hate it sooo bad, it won't stop itching. I think I might have to change my birth control to stop these bumps.
    dpags Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2012, 03:39 PM
    I have the same thing. I went out in the sun a week ago for about 2 hours and I had bumps all over my arms pop up. They have not gone away. I just went to my primary who said it is actually a nerve thing. Kind of a way of your body saying no more sun. She recommended claritin once a day and benedryl cream instead of moisturizers. If I were you I would call your doc just to be sure. If this doesn't help, I am going to a dermatologist because they have spread to my neck and itch like no ones business!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Itchy red bumps on arms [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have been getting itchy red bumps that look like mosquite bites on both arms for the last week. These bumps last about 1 or 2 days then slowly fade away. There are about 5-6 bumps on each arm and they are there on the forearms, elbow and near the wrist. There are no such bumps anywhere...

Little bumps on the back of arms. [ 1 Answers ]

I recently noticed I have little bumps on the back of my arms, you can't really even see them but they are just not smooth like they used to be. I remember a friend of mine in high school had this happen to her so I know I'm not alone but I don't know how to treat it! Does anyone know what...

Red bumps on arms [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I've always had these annoying bumps on my upper arms. I never knew how I got them and how to lose 'em. Some of my friends have them too and my brother. Does anybody know what they are and how to get rid of them... they are really embarasing:eek: :confused: :(??

Red bumps on arms from shaving [ 3 Answers ]

I decided to shave my arms about a month ago, and am still getting patches of tiny red pumps. If try to pick at the bumps white puss comes out all most like a pimple. They come in a patch though so I don't think it is acne. Can someone please help me The bumps are along my arms.

Bumps on arms [ 3 Answers ]

I started shaving my arms a week ago but I have noticed a lot of red bumps along my arms what is this and is there nehting I can do about it

View more questions Search