Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    momabear Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2009, 08:41 AM
    No water coming out of the bath tub faucet
    I tried to turn the water on in the bath tub, but the push pull action isn't working and no water comes out. Could it be a problem with the cartridge (it's a Moen faucet)? Help!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 8, 2009, 08:51 AM

Both hot and cold are dead? It would be very unusual for both hot and cold inlets to clog at the same time. Which Moen do you have? Here is their site with tutorials and they do have a lifetime warranty for all parts. http://www.moen.com/consumersupport/...3/moen0133.cfm

Jun 8, 2009, 08:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    Both hot and cold are dead? It would be very unusual for both hot and cold inlets to clog at the exact same time. Which Moen do you have? Here is their site with tutorials and they do have a lifetime warranty for all parts. http://www.moen.com/images/spacer.gif
    It is a single knob for both hot and cold. You pull out and then turn counterclockwise to get hotter water. When I try to pull out no water at all comes out.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 8, 2009, 08:59 AM

First, make sure the handle is not loose on the stem.

Yes, it can be stem. Moen has lifetime warranty. Call them, they will send you new, free, cartridge. Then, come back. We will lead you through installation.

Jun 8, 2009, 09:02 AM

I think we stand a good chance of clearing the clog without waiting on new parts, are you game momabear?

Jun 8, 2009, 09:23 AM
    I think we stand a good chance of clearing the clog without waiting on new parts, are you game momabear?
    I'm game, for sure! But, I can't get to it until the weekend. Is it possible for you to explain what to do and I'll give it a whirl this weekend?

Jun 8, 2009, 09:56 AM

Save this tutorial and then try it when you have time. Installation Help / Animated Tutorial - Installing the Moen 1225 / 1200 Cartridge I can type an answer for about the next 20 minutes so I look pretty smart. However, the Moen tutorials are way better than anything I can try to put together.

Jun 8, 2009, 11:02 AM
    Save this tutorial and then try it when you have time. Installation Help / Animated Tutorial - Installing the Moen 1225 / 1200 Cartridge I can type an answer for about the next 20 minutes so I look pretty smart. However, the Moen tutorials are way better than anything I can try to put together.

Thank you very much, Mr. Ballenger (I think... ). I'll we'll view the tutorial and give it a try.

Jun 8, 2009, 11:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo Dolezal View Post

Yes, it can be stem. Moen has lifetime warranty. Call them, they will send you new, free, cartridge. Then, come back. we will lead you through installation.

Thank you, Milo. I'm going to give it a try this weekend!

Jun 15, 2009, 01:38 PM

I tried it on the weekend and managed to successfully install two cartridges and the water is once again flowing from the bath tub faucet. Thanks very much for your help!

Jun 15, 2009, 01:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo Dolezal View Post

Yes, it can be stem. Moen has lifetime warranty. Call them, they will send you new, free, cartridge. Then, come back. we will lead you through installation.
    I tried it on the weekend and managed to successfully install two cartridges and the water is once again flowing from the bath tub faucet. Thanks very much for your help!
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 15, 2009, 01:42 PM

Glad to be of help !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When using the shower in my bath faucet still has hot water coming from it? [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn on my shower in my bathroom the shower turns on but the faucet below is still pouring out hot water. The way you turn on the shower in this room uses the knob that you turn between the cold and hot water.

Low water flow from bath faucet after new water heater [ 7 Answers ]

I just had my water heater replaced by a plumber. Now the hot water flow and pressure is about 1/4th of what it used to be at the upstairs tub faucet. Other faucets in the same bath seem low as well but it is hard to tell. The bath tub faucet had great flow before and would fill the tub in 5...

Water coming up through the bath drain . [ 1 Answers ]

There is water coming through the drain of my bath tub with poop in it ? What does this mean:confused: :confused: :confused:

Water coming up in bath tub [ 2 Answers ]

When draining the kitchen sink water, the water backs up into the bath tub. Have used drain cleaners in kitchen and bath tub both. Any ideas why water backs up into the tub? Thanks, Wingz

View more questions Search