Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2009, 01:10 AM
    I'm going to pose a different point of view.

Your son is being encouraged by his father to show favoritism towards him. This, I can understand, must be terribly difficult for you.

However, if your son thinks it's such a paradise at his father's house - why don't you let him go there? I'd be suggesting 50/50 custody arrangements as a compromise. I'll bet that once he has to REALLY live with them (in her house, competing for attention with her kids), he'll get quite a different perspective.

Instead of fighting it, encourage it. Agree with your son that he may be better off spending more time with his father. Let your son work out the dynamics of each household by spending half his time in yours and half in theirs.

Things won't be such 'fun' when he's being disciplined by them, and I'll bet the old 'hell hole' won't look so bad. Things won't look so rosy when he takes off those rose colored glasses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

WHy Moms? [ 14 Answers ]

Mad:moms really do care about there girls and also boys but pretty much girls I understand that. My mom is so stupid I hate being around her really I do she like to tell me what to do keep me and the house for no damn reason. And she let her in dump man tell us what to do I can not stand them...

Seragote moms [ 2 Answers ]

I was looking for a surrogate mom and wanting to know ho much money it cost

Mean Moms [ 6 Answers ]

I thought you all might get a kick out of this email I got... lol... It brought a tear to my eye. Mean Moms Someday when my children are old enough to Understand the logic that motivates a parent, I will Tell them, as my Mean Mom told me: I loved you Enough. . To ask...

View more questions Search