Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    123cindy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2009, 08:18 AM
    Steps required for applying for EAD on L2
    Hi,

My case goes like this.

I came to USA in Nov 2008 on L2.We filed for our visa extension in Dec 2008 since it was getting expired in Dec.And we received an RFE in Feb 2009.We responded back in May 2009.Still our extension process is in pending.

I am looking forward for applying EAD on my L2 as soon we get our visa extended.

What are the docs needed to submit while applying for L2 EAD?I heard like its better to file directly instead of e-filing since it will be faster than the latter.

In most of the cases I have seen getting RFE while appling for a new EAD.Is there any way (like submitting all the required docs)to avoid it since it delays the entire process.Also how will I be informed about the documents to be sent.

Also I need your advice on this.Since nowadays most of the visas are getting rejected/delayed of RFE is it wiser to go back to home country since already we have been waiting 6 months for our visa extension and I fear that even this could happen while I apply for L2 EAD.

Thanks,
    Cindy
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Jun 8, 2009, 02:39 PM

The EAD is filed on form I-765 with evidence of your L-2 status (I-797 approval notice), copy of your L-2 visa and your marriage certificate. You can include your husbands L-1 visa, I-94 and approval notice.

Jun 11, 2009, 07:56 AM

Thank you very much for addressing my query.

So that means if I include all the docs I won't get any RFE on my EAD.I am eager to know on what basis they give RFE on EAD that delays the enitre process.
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Jun 11, 2009, 10:27 AM

Rare to get an RFE on a I-765 if you include everything. Not a discretionary determination like the underlying L-1 petition.

Jun 15, 2009, 06:33 AM

Thanks a lot.I really appreciate your timely help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Applying ITIN [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I was in US last year for more than 183 days( resident alien) .I returned back to India later in 2008 and got married . I am currently in India and is in process for filing my US taxes .My queries are : 1.) Can I file tax for year 2008 as Married (wife never travelled to US) ? 2.)If...

Applying H4 visa after applying H1B [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, My fiance's employer is planning to apply her H1B visa on 1st Apr 2009. We are planning for a marriage date in 1st week of May 2009. I will be applying her H4 visa in May 2009. I just want to know if there can be any issues/problems while applying her H4 visa when she would have already...

I am applying for a job? [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how they research your previous jobs?

View more questions Search