Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aloysiousraj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2009, 07:50 AM
    How can I sell my digital photos?
    I have about 300 digital photos on my digital camera mainly on flowers and other topics.I would like to earn some money on them.Can you guide and help me in this regard?
    jcdill Posts: 249, Reputation: 24

Jun 8, 2009, 08:26 AM
    First, in order to make money selling photos they have to be:

1) Exceptionally good - correct focus, color, composition, etc.
    2) Processed in Photoshop - no photo "straight out of the camera" is ever ready for sale.
    3) Better than the millions of similar photos already offered for sale.
    4) Keyworded with all the words someone might use to try to find a photo like this one.
    5) Something new - a new subject, a new composition, a new way of lighting the subject, a new photo technique.

When you have photos that meet this criteria, then you can look at listing them with stock or microstock agencies. Stock agencies get the highest rates for the photos, but it's very, very hard to break into the stock agencies when you are an unknown photographer. The work has to be the very top quality and most experienced photographers never break in. Microstock agencies pay very, very little per image, often just a few cents. The effort to list your images with a Microstock agency may not pay off unless you have many thousands of images.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pet Photos [ 319 Answers ]

HI there, I did this once before, and it was a big success. POST PICTURES OF YOUR PET. Tell us their name, age, and breed specifics. The first time that I did this I had a chihuahua, Susan. Hence, my screen name. http://i42.tinypic.com/2vspy0j.jpg And this is my new baby girl, Marilyn....

Where can I publish and sell my photos? [ 2 Answers ]

Any good RELIABLE site that gets high traffic would be amazing, but any sites are appreciated! Thanks!

Changing from non digital thermostat to digital [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old non digital Honeywell T87F thermostat, gas burner with baseboard water heat. Can I change to a new digital Honewywell RTH230B and how? Thank you

Digital camera software and photos [ 7 Answers ]

I recently purchased a digital camera. I loaded the camera software into my computer without a hitch. I was also able to download the pictures from the camera onto the computer without a hitch. I am trying to send some of the pics by email. I accessed the software, I saw all my pictures, but...

Viewing digital photos on TV [ 2 Answers ]

I want to show my digital photos on TV. Should I get the Microsoft floppy disc viewer or run the TV direct from the computer. I gather the socket is next to that of the monitor / I have two a phono and a multipin job. How would I configure it_ I don-t want to get a CD burner right now ...

View more questions Search