Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    granmel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2009, 05:00 PM
    Getting Financed
    Hello,

I'm recently out of a halfway house and living with my daughter. I would like to see about buying a house. I have a felony conviction. I currently have stable employment. I have someone that has a house they want to sell. He wants $10,000.00 down and will carry the loan for 2 years. Is there a way that I can get the down payment to secure this home.

*** email deleted
    Stubits Posts: 390, Reputation: 2

Jun 7, 2009, 05:40 PM

Not for nothing, but we are in the problem we're in today in part because of this way of thinking. The down payment should be paid in CASH by the buyer of the home, plain and simple. 100% financing, which is effectively what you are describing is a thing of the past and given how tight credit is right now is extremely, extremely unlikely. Folks with 10-20% down payments and good credit scores are being denied mortgages right now. A person who puts down 10 or even 20 percent is much less of a risk to the borrower.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2009, 05:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by granmel View Post
    Is there a way that I can get the down payment to secure this home.
    Hello g:

Nope. But, your felony isn't stopping you either. You're just like anybody else.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 7, 2009, 05:47 PM

Even a person with great credit can not normally get 100 percent finance right now.

Now you need to work on saving up money
    Neilcathy67 Posts: 47, Reputation: 3

Jun 20, 2009, 09:03 AM

See if you can find someone that is offering seller financing. Because of the economy, many sellers are offering to seller finance, where they hold the mortgage and you pay them monthly. No credit check, no paperwork, but in most states you will own the home.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How the company is financed [ 1 Answers ]

How the rolls-royce is financed , with referenct to the different sources of capital, and gearing levels.

Financed car and bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

If I am financing a car and go not bankruptcy do I lose the car? Please advise

My financed vehicle [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 006 model car which was financed and I have been paying well for the last 6 months but recently I moved to another state and it is very hard finding a suitable job. Now it is like I only work to pay for my financed car and my cheque is not even enough to make the payment. As a result of...

How do I get rid of the lemon (car) I just got financed [ 6 Answers ]

I recently purchased a 2001 Nissan pathfinder... it has all the bells and whistles... and my husband was impressed I wasn't! It was OK... but it gets horrible gas mileage, and it has a blown head gasket (I told them the next morning and they won't fix it), it is bad bad bad. I want to trade it in...

Financed car now to expensive [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, First before anyone says it I am a fool. A huge one. I purchased a 2006 jeep wrangler in dec. of 06. I now owe 25000 on it. However my life style has changed and I want a more conservative and gas saving vechile. What should I do? Someone told me to buy a used car that is worth less...

View more questions Search