Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cherylhollis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2009, 02:00 PM
    How do I evict my 18 year old daughter?
    HOw do I evict my 18 year old daughter? (this is the hardest site I have ever used).
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

Jun 7, 2009, 02:24 PM

You don't you get some counseling and try to be a parent
    TJ17 Posts: 76, Reputation: 13

Jun 7, 2009, 02:46 PM

Is she violent, a drug addict, murderer, rapist, child molester, arsonist or does she just give you cheek an not listen to what you say?
    All teens... well most, never listen to there parents, it's there way of growing up and sure they'll make stupid mistakes along the way, so more stupider than others, but it's there mistakes.
    And more than likely they'll come running to you to fix them for them, and thought you may not like it and feel disgusted by some of there choices in life you will still help them because that's your job... as a parent.

It's not a pretty job... sometimes... but there family, and if you can't rely on your family, who can you rely on?

She's your daughter.
    charl89 Posts: 64, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2009, 02:52 PM

I left home at 17, I hated my mum and she hated me. So I ended up making the choice to leave because I couldn't cope. Honeslty I wish me and my mum had a good relationship, but we don't. Try to sort it out as you will regret it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 7, 2009, 03:16 PM

Ok, first take time and read over the site.

You posted this in children so you will get moral answers as to parenting skills and the way to treat children.

If you want LEGAL advice, go to the legal section, perhaps real estate law for eviction.

You will have to give them a 30 day notice that they are to move out. If they still do not move then, you take them to housing court for a order of eviction from the court
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2009, 03:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by zippit View Post
    you dont you get some counseling and try to be a parent
    Her child is 18 years old. An adult. If she wants to evict her child, that is her business.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 8, 2009, 06:26 AM
    First, to Zippit, TJ17 and charl89,

Please pay more attention to the forum questions are posted in. This question was posted in the Real Estate LAW forum. Therefore, responses need to deal with the LEGAL question. All your responses were inappropriate to the question.

To cheryl,
    Your daughter is a resident in your home. As a resident she has the same rights as any tenant. From a legal perspective, you are her landlord and she is your tenant. So you have to follow the rules for eviction in your area. You can use the sticky note at the top of this forum to check state laws or check with your local housing court as to the rules.

Generally, you will have to give her a 30 day notice that you are terminating her residency. If she refuses to leave within those 30 days, then the next step is to apply for an eviction order at your local housing court. A hearing will be set and unless she can show cause why she shouldn't be evicted an order will be issued. If she still refuses to vacate, you will have to hire a sheriff to physically remove her.

That being said, evicting a child is an emotionally wrenching situation. Since you don't say why you want to evict, its hard to speak to that issue, but if you want more advice on this you might want to go into more detail.

Finally, what are you finding hard about this site? Did you read the FAQs under the Help link? It is fairly simple. You click on the ASK link at the top of the page, browse through the forums (topics) to find one appropriate to your quiestion. Then click the Ask About (topic) button and type in your question. Finally hit the Submit button. What's so hard about that?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 8, 2009, 01:29 PM
    My apologies to Zippit, TJ17 and charl89. Steve brought it to my attention that this was moved from the Children's forum. Since it was there, your responses were not totally inappropriate. However, given that the OP asked a specific legal question its not real helpful to tell him how to relate to his child. It would have been better to report the post requesting it be moved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I legally evict my 18 year old? [ 10 Answers ]

My eighteen year old daughter is headstrong and disobedient and insists that since she is 18, she can do whatever she wants. She believes that I cannot tell her what to do anymore, and that if she is asked to pay rent, that she is not accountable to me. Of course, I disagree since she is living...

How do I evict my 21 year old son from the house I own [ 1 Answers ]

I live in little rock Arkansas

Evict an 18 year old [ 6 Answers ]

My daughter will turn 18 in 2008. She has been in Juvenile Detention for assault of me and of my younger daughter, and for vandalism. She spent 4 months in the County Juvenile Detention Home. She is disrespectful and DOES Not want to follow the household rules. She has ran away several times...

Evict 16 year old from in UK [ 1 Answers ]

I do not want my 16 year to live at home. What right I and he has and what is the process

View more questions Search