Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Regan5457 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2009, 01:37 PM
    Animals and cats
    I have a wild cat. She had babies and the male always comes to kill them so I have to be there when the mom is not. I want to have the mom cat as a pet And the babies too but how to get her.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2009, 01:48 AM

Food is the key to a cats heart.

We had a stray that we took in a while ago. She was completely wild when she had her kittens, we just put a plate of food down and then sat about 20 meters away.
    She was hesitant at first but she eat the food and eventually became comfortable with the distance between us and her.
    This was when we moved a little closer.
    She got used to that.
    Eventually we were able to sit right next to her and even pet her while she was eating.

Now her kittens are all grown up and have loving homes. She still lives outside... well, under our house actually but she is very friendly and lets us pick her up and pet her while she purrs away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Older cats ganging up on newer cats [ 6 Answers ]

Hi. I have two 14 year old cats, I recently introduced two 4 year old sisters. We attempted to "introduce" them correctly. Over the last week or so, one of the older cats stalks and corners either of the younger cats with the other older cat joining in for good measure. The noise is terrifying....

3 old cats vs the 3 new cats in the home [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there All, I've been in my apartment for awhile with my 3 cats. Now, my friend is moving in and bringing 3 more cats with her. While hers were still in their carriers, there was a lot of hissing and shackles raised. Friend's cats will be upstairs for awhile. We would like to know the time for...

My cats are aggressive to the other cats. [ 3 Answers ]

I have 5 cats, but 2 of them (both girls) are very aggressive towards the others. I'm a bit worried because they keep beating up on my kitten... So far she's got a torn ear, a chunk out of her leg, several scratches, and very uneven fur. I locked them into my room to avoid trouble, but is there an...

Pets & animals > cats [ 3 Answers ]

I have a pregnant cat and she only had one kitten earlier this year and she is being very mean to her kitten, is this normal?

My new female cats hates all my male cats! [ 3 Answers ]

I just got a new female cat but she is like a year old, all my male cats like her and want to see her buy she just starts hissing at them and they get away... I want them to get along but I don't know how... I have 4 males one is a year old , the othere one is 5 months and the other 2 are 2...

View more questions Search