Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1tiredmom Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

Oct 9, 2006, 01:35 AM
    Doing what is right.
    I have worked for a cleaning company for over a year and a half now. I have nevered called off work one time plus on my nights off and they called me in I have always worked. The past 6 months my employers have really been taken advantage of me and the company we clean for has told me that I clean better than the owners of the cleaning company does. They have cut my hours or the are making me work 8 weekends in a row and are always lying to me about things. I have decided to start up my own cleaning company. I have already been cleaning some houses for friends and family. The company that my boss cleans for has told me if I ever decide to go out on my own let them know. How do I tell my boss that I'm leaving and do I try to take the account over. I want to do what is right. But I also now I'm doing all the work and they are getting all the money. I have people telling me to take the account out from underneath them. But I don't want any trouble. I would love some advice on this matter.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2006, 12:11 PM
    Did you sing a non complete clause or anything like that?

If you didn't, then steal the client from them.

You think that is bad? Making you work 8 straight weekends in a row is bad!

Leave, become very successful starting with that client you take from them!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 9, 2006, 12:20 PM
    Unless you have a contract that prohibits non-competititon for a specified period, then go for it.

It may be that the company being cleaned has a contract with your bosses. So they may not be able to get out of it right away. I would make up a business card for your business and mail it to the company AFTER you have resigned with a note saying thet you have gone out on your own and would be happy to discuss their contract with them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search