Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashleysb Posts: 179, Reputation: 39

Oct 9, 2006, 12:29 AM
    Depo Provera and weight gain
    When I was 16, I was diagnosed with a severe case of endometriosis. I had laparoscopic surgery do diagnose it. Afterwards, my Gyno put me on Depo Provera to help prevent it from happening again. He said I will need to be on it until I decide I want to get pregnant.
    Well before I got on the shot I weighed about 125 pounds. After 3 horrible years of being on it and gaining close to 80 pounds in just the last 5 months I was on it, I talked to my doctor and he took me off it completely. He said in about 6 months when the Depo still in my system wears out, the weight should easily come off.
    I have been off Depo for almost a year, even while watching what I eat and exercising regularly, I have only lost 10 pounds. I am so frustrated and would just like to know if anyone has had a similar case and what they did.

** Keep in mind for those 5 months of gaining weight, nothing crazy happened in my life and I wasn't just sitting on the couch eating potato chips. I did all the usual things I had been doing.
    dazzyjazzy2310 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2006, 09:28 AM
    Don't Ever Be On The Depo Shot Because It Made You Get Fat

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Can I Gain Weight [ 2 Answers ]

How can I gain 10- 20 pounds within the next 2 weeks can someone help me are there any pills or anything I can do to gain weight

Post Depo Provera [ 2 Answers ]

Hi- I looked through the other posts and nothing really answered my question. I was on Depo Provera from September 2005 through May 2006. Since the time I left Depo this past May, I've had a brown discharge. The discharge has been consistent throughout these past three or so months, and I've had to...

I need to gain weight [ 4 Answers ]

I have 2 kids and I'm 5"tall and weight no more than 85 lbs.. I love food and I eat a lot.I'm not trying to lose weight cause I don't like to look skinny.. I can never gain weight and when I do I lose them after a while.. I've gain a lot of weight when I was pregnant but I lost it after I had the...

Depo Provera [ 3 Answers ]

I was on the Depo shot for a little over a year. I was put on it to try and stop abnormal bleeding. I have recently read on many sites that you should not even take depo if you have unknown bleeding. anyways, i always had abnormal periods and when i was on the shot i didnt get my period at all. ...

Weight gain [ 2 Answers ]

I am 22, height 155cm.50kg. I want to have expanded bones and more weight so that I will be looking like the person of correct age. Now I am looking like 15year boy. This makes me depression. Kindly give the suggestions and advice.

View more questions Search