Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 7, 2009, 04:11 AM
    Safe activity with herniated thoracic disks
    A close friend of mine injured herself about a month ago. She has been diagnosed with two herniated thoracic discs. She's seeing the surgeon next week, but the GP keeps trying to urge strict bedrest on her. That isn't possible, she has 5 kids and her husband works out of town. I'm getting nowhere trying to get her to obey the doctor. I'm wondering if there's any activity she can do that would be safe.
    unluckynut Posts: 294, Reputation: 23

Jun 7, 2009, 11:29 PM

Tell her to try the pain clinic. I would never do it, but I finally tried and it has helped. If the shots don't work they also have nerve blocks they are wonderful. They can last as long a year at times.
    I have had spinal fission on my lumbar spine 13 years ago. Pain just started coming back. But I have the same problem in my thoracic spine in 4 places. And in my cervical spine. It's called dish diease. I know way too much about out my spine. Then I should have to.
    I love my pain doctor. And the nerve blocks are great. Good Luck to your friend!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Herniated discs [ 1 Answers ]

How do your discs become herniated

Piriformis Syndrome or Lumbar Herniated Disc or both? [ 1 Answers ]

I am an active 38 year old man and have a BS in exercise physiology. I am fit, in very good shape and a non smoker. I got an MRI for some lower back pain which showed L4 L5 slight herniation. I got an steroid epi shot and during the injection I got immediate burning/pins and needles excruciating...

Activity Based Costing in Accounting - Activity Drivers [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm required to introduce Activity Based Costing in Finance branch of a Government Department. Does anyone know what Activity Drivers can be used for non-transactional based activities, such as preparation of Budgets, Annual Report, or other Accounting "common activities". The way system...

Crushed herniated disc [ 1 Answers ]

What are my optios on fixing this problem. I had a fall 3 months ago, am 69 year old man.

View more questions Search