Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rodney22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2006, 11:00 PM
    Swollen urethra ?
    Well, I've had this problem for a very long time.

It's extremely embarrassing because I am 16 years old, and I don't know if it's possible to see a doctor about it without anyone knowing or something like that...

Well what it is, is that on my penis hole (urethra) and then about a 1/5th of an inch downwards (along my "pee slit" so to speak) it is swollen, red and sensitive.

It's pretty hard to describe.

I'm uncircumsised ifthat makes a difference.

Please help me..
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 9, 2006, 02:42 AM
    Are you sexually active?

You need to see a doctor because this sounds like an infection that will need antibiotics to go away.

I understand your embarrassment, however, your father has a penis, and if you have a male doctor, he has one too, so they will be familiar with your embarrassment as well as your concern of infection.

However, you really should see a doctor.
    marcus999 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2008, 07:25 PM
    You should go see you FMD(family medical doctor) or to the health dept. This could be as simple as an allergic reaction or irritation as you often see in uncircumised men. However, if you are sexual active this could be a result of an STD. Don't be embarrased; but do get professional exam.
    Slophopper Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2010, 07:48 PM
    I have not been sleeping around and went and walked around in the heat a lot. This caused the issue so I went to Doctor and he said that it could be caused by change in detergent and or but the head of the penis rubbing up against underwear causing irritation. He gave me Keflix 3 x a day and Asctavis (Betamethasone Dipropionate Cream USP 0.05%) 3 x a day.This is causing the swelling to go down. This has been effective. Please go see your doctor if this has happened to you if you are not sleeping around. If you are sleeping around this could be caused by an STD. If you are in some S&*T!! That is a different post! Not from me...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Swollen & bruised... : ( [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, my boyfriend and I were having sex.. well I guess I got rough or something, but he said his penis was starting to hurt.. well we took off the condom and it was a little swollen.. well after a while we just thought he needed some time.. well about an hour later it started looking bruised and...

Swollen daschund [ 2 Answers ]

My 4 1/2 month old daschund started showing symptoms of swelling on Thursday night. Her lips were the first to show signs, and soon after her eye lids. I took her to a 24 hour vet, who gave her a cortisone injection, and advised to take her home. The swelling subsided. Friday morning we awoke...

4wk old kitten , with swollen eye [ 4 Answers ]

I have clue what happened! First off they were seen by the vet at 3 weeks for constipation and got an OK for everything! So last week they weren't sick! I have 2 kitten , 1boy, 1girl! This afternoon, I did everythign as usual got up fed them , put them in the litter box and waited , they went,...

Swollen vain [ 2 Answers ]

My husband wanted me to find out if this is normal he has a vain on his testical that is swollen and its very dark. Is this normal?

View more questions Search