Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ironclad04 Posts: 193, Reputation: 8

Jun 7, 2009, 10:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Tuning to the tunes is one thing. Really tuning it is another. The intervals between most of the strings shouldn't have any beats between them.

What are the letter names of your strings, bottom to top, please?

Thanks!
    That's another matter! Lol need to get it back from my uncle, borrowed it for some new design in wood??
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2009, 10:57 PM

Do you know the names of at least some of the strings? That's important, you know...
    bizcuit Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2009, 11:41 PM

The books didn't help me. My advice would be to pick it up and learn the way you would like to play it first of all.. take one string and try to figure out how to play twinkle twinkle or something simple. Then after you feel comfortable. Try hitting up youtube.com and see if you can follow some of the finger arrangements (aka chords) of some of your less complicated songs. "Knocking on heavens door " was an easy one for me at first. Keep the momentum up, for your fingers will take a brutal beating from an acoustic! Ha
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2009, 12:00 AM

Hi again, ironclad04!

How are you doing with this, please?

Thanks!
    Simone21295 Posts: 100, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2009, 05:46 PM

Using an acoustic guitar would be easier for a beginner player.
    sjohnsmith Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2009, 07:56 PM

Different ways to learn guitar through lessons | Guitar Learning Blog
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2009, 11:28 PM
    For those of you who keep posting on this thread, please realize that it's a really old thread that is now archived and not generally visible, unless someone happens to visit the forum topic area where it's located.

If you have a new question that's not in some way, an answer to the very first question at the top of the page, I would strongly suggest that you start a new thread with your new question.

Thanks!
    AlwysConfezzled Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2010, 01:35 PM

I have been trying to play guitar for a bit. You should probably start with a learning guitar book.

NOTE: It helps to start on another string instrament (violin, viola, chello, double bass)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Guitar! Guitar!. need an online guru!. [ 9 Answers ]

Okay.. here's the thing: I have an electric guitar on me with a mini-amp and I love playing with it but I want to learn how to actually play it. After repeated 'playing' I have learned the strokes and fingering a little bit on my own but without some theoretical understanding, I don't seem to...

Beginner Acoustic Guitar [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. I am wondering if anyone can recommend a decent starter guitar? I'm looking to spend $100-150 on something. I've never played, but have had an interest in learning for many years. I've noticed several guitars at Guitar Center in my price range, but can't seem to identify from their...

Swimming for a beginner [ 1 Answers ]

I was just wondering if someone could give me a good workout for a beginner. I took swimming in college and am now a smoker. I am trying to quit. Just looking for a good beginning routine.

C++ programming Qs (beginner) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there... I am a novice in C++ programming. I wrote a very simple 'temperature conversion' program that asks user to input whether they want a Celsius to Fahrenheit conversion, or the opposite, and then calls the respective function (i.e. either a Celsius to Fahrenheit converter OR a Fahrenheit...

View more questions Search