Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nbcoaster Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2009, 02:23 PM
    Shower Mixer
    Hope this one is easy. The shower mixer valve broke off in my wife's hand. The home is about 14 years old. Should it be easy to replace? Anything tricky about it? It appears that you can simply unscrew it for a replacement.

Thanks
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 6, 2009, 03:08 PM
    It's not so easy when you make us guess what the type, the brand name of the valve and exactly what broke off in wifeys hand. The stem or simply the handle? In short you have given us zip to work with. Let's have some details. Regards, Tom
    nbcoaster Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2009, 04:23 PM
    That's the problem. I can't find a mfg. or model anywhere on it. It appears to be an all plastic part like what I've seen of Price Pfister. My immediate problem is I can't get at it due to some badly corroded threads. I'm afraid if I put too much pressure on it I'll damage the housing or copper piping. Any suggestions about that would be a great help. I'm currently soaking it in liquid wrench.

Thanks, J.R.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 6, 2009, 04:24 PM
    A picture would be helpful.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 6, 2009, 05:13 PM

As Tom said: take a photo of the faucet and post it. We'll tell you what brand it is. Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not hot water from mixer shower tap [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I hope you could help!! Since yesterday evening I was filling up the bath with hot water and suddenly when the bath was filed a quarter of the way up, the hot water stopped. I tried turning the tap on/off position but no water was coming out at all. Although I still have cold water coming...

Mixer Tap - no water to shower only [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I have a mixer tap, the victorian type where the shower spray has a holder on top of the taps. I can get water for the bath, water for the bath & shower together, but I can't just get water for the shower only. Please can someone explain to me how to fix it? Many thanks:confused:

Sayco shower mixer [ 1 Answers ]

How do I remove the center stem of asyco shower mixer

Mixer shower [ 11 Answers ]

Just replaced the head on a fixed head shower,put the new head on and turned the shower on,nothing coming out of shower,floor covered in water,where have I gone wrong?:confused:

Installing A Mixer Shower [ 1 Answers ]

Iam Installing A Mixer Shower - Which Is Not Thermostatically Controlled - I Have Installed The Cold Supply To The Rising Main But The Pressure Is Too Great And The Connection Is Leaking A Bit - Can I Reduce The Pressure By Means Of A Valve. Also I Have Just Been Told That It Is Illegal To...

View more questions Search