maijidda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2009, 12:56 PM
    Teaching across age levels
    How do I teach across age levels?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2009, 02:00 PM

Hi, maijidda!

What are the ages and subject matter(s) that would need to be taught? It would be helpful to have addition information from you as to what, specifically, this is concerning, please?

Thanks!
    rsb8 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Sep 14, 2009, 02:35 PM

Well, I think that it is not that hard to teach across age levels, because some are easier, and some aare harder. That is why I would like to teach across age levels.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2009, 07:15 PM
    Hopefully, maijidda will return to address the posts that have been given here.

Thanks!
    larkhope Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2012, 11:12 PM
    Well, first of all, teach is not an easy task, right? But you as a teacher have on your hands the key to the success. It is not the same to teach to children that adults, they do not have the same needs. And also you cannot caretaker to adults, they could feel uncomfortable! Do not treat adults in your class like a children. Also, adults are more able to handle abstract rules and concepts, whereas children do not.To some mature people games are not a right item to teach them, however, for few they are great. Focus in your class´needs. On the other hand, children exercise a good deal of both cognitive and affective effort in order to internalize both native and second languages. A good point to remember is to keep children laughing and learning, and as a teacher, you must have to be animated;enthusiastic and lively and also you must need a widely variety of activities as well. Children need to have all five senses stimulated. Remember to put in your students shoes!. (A brief overview Based in Brown´s book).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teaching in the USA [ 2 Answers ]

Hi gyus, I am a qualified Teacher of Secondary Mathematics in the UK would I be able to teach in the USA and how do I do it. Many thanks Louay

Teaching isn't for me, now what? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, This is my 2nd year teaching and I'm miserable. I love "teaching," but feel I'm unable to do that because of all of the politics involved. I have a BA in Elementary Education from a N.C. university and need some direction towards another career path. I have only 5 months of this school...

Teaching in the USA [ 2 Answers ]

Hey guys, don't know if you can help me on this, but I'll give it a shot. Im an American citizen living in Australia (11 years in September). Im currently in my 2nd year of my Bachelor of Education/Bachelor of English double degree:when Im done, Im a qualified teacher! Question: Do you think...

The Joy of Teaching [ 5 Answers ]

Then Jesus took his disciples up the mountain and, gathering them around him, he taught them, saying: Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven Blessed are the meek Blessed are they that mourn Blessed are the merciful Blessed are they that thirst for justice...

View more questions Search