Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunspot007 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2011, 02:37 PM
    There has been some confusion in how to set dip switch setting in a Hampton Fan-HD. This canopy is the (lower) one with the lights attached. It is removed with 3 screws. BECAREFUL these screws are weight bearing and you must support this piece. The wiring has a Molex plug that is keyed and meant to be removed. Place light fixture on a counter and remove disk receiver enough to turn it over. The 4 dip switches are located on the bottom receiver.

My Comment: Hampton could've made this easier. Putting in the light fixture was harder than taking it out and chasing these three screws as I drop them was a pain. If you have a (screw starter) screwdriver use it. The remote control battery panel shows a picture of this receiver but no instructions on how to access it or where it is located. Many of the sites I visited had misinformation and I found myself taking more of the fan apart than necessary. I wanted to provide people with a solution without a headache.

Feb 12, 2011, 02:46 PM
    Comment on Aspiring's post
    See my latest posting... Sunspot007

Feb 12, 2011, 02:46 PM
    Comment on cdk041's post
    See my latest posting
    sonic2012 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2012, 08:47 PM
    Remote does not work battery are new light works only
    perryrip Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2013, 10:23 AM
    Blasted,

Your suggestion just fixed my fan light that's been off for the past 6 years. You are the man!!

Perryrip
    jalexander123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2013, 01:01 PM
    If you are in need of a replacement original remote, you can find sites like Hampton Bay Remote Control Replacements - RemoteControlHookup.com which offer ac remotes in addition to offering traditional TV, etc types of remotes.
    briezied Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2013, 11:44 AM
    I can get my fan to work with the remote, but not the lights. Do I need to try a different code on the dip switch?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Remote [ 5 Answers ]

I have two Hampton Bay Ceiling Fans in my office that works off the remote the problem is the remote will work one fan just fine but it doesn't work the other fan at all please help

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Remote [ 3 Answers ]

I installed a Hunter ceiling fan with a Hampton Bay remote. The remote controls the fan correctly. The light works when pulling the chain but does not work from the remote. I wired the blue wire from the remote to the black/white striped wire from the fan. Any suggestions?

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Remote [ 3 Answers ]

I purchased 4 Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan with Remotes when I had my home rewired last winter. All of the fans work well and the remotes are excellent. They allow for remote control of the fan and light as well as containing a thermostat to control the fan. I have two of the fans installed...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan W/remote [ 1 Answers ]

How do I switch wind direction?

Hampton bay remote control ceiling fan [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Windward II 54” ceiling fan and fluorescent lamp with remote control. I replaced the original fluorescent circline lamp with a new one. Now the light won’t turn won’t stay on or dim and the fan operates properly. Any ideas?

View more questions Search