Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikeyd61978 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2009, 07:42 AM
    Clueless Guy here.
    I need help meeting someone. I haven't dated in a while and I would like to be with someone. But I have trouble meeting people. Especially women. I don't do the bar or club scene at all. I don't go out either. Because I don't know where to go or what to do. And don't want to go alone. Maybe I should be seeking a professionals help with these questions..
    Holly23 Posts: 180, Reputation: 15

Jun 6, 2009, 07:54 AM

I think what we have here is a slight confidence issue?
    If you don't mind me asking your age please?
    mikeyd61978 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2009, 07:58 AM

30 years of age

Jun 6, 2009, 08:00 AM

Ok and if your not into the whole pub thing, then why don't you try meet someone where you are interested in going?

Jun 6, 2009, 08:01 AM
    You say you don't know where to go?
    Friends you must have friends that go places?
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2009, 08:23 AM
    There are lots of places other than bars to meet new people. It all depends on your interests. Here are some ideas...

Join a bowling league
    Start a book club
    Attend church functions
    Go to bingo
    Take a foreign language class
    Take a cooking class
    Volunteer at a soup kitchen
    Join a softball team

Get out there and be friendly.
    NoLogicJustLove Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Jun 6, 2009, 07:28 PM

You don't need a professional buddie. :)
    Just a little spontaneousness and confidence!
    Just get out of the house whenever you have the freetime with some friends.
    Be yourself and proud!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 6, 2009, 07:31 PM

Well bars and clubs are OK if you want girls that drink and club.

So how many girls are you asking out a week, the girl at the food place, the grocrey store.
    Have you registered with some of the online dating places.
    jlonergan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2009, 07:38 PM
    All right man, here's the deal. There's no way for me to just change you with a few short sentences. I was very lonely but I'm now happily married, this is slightly embarrassing to admit but I used the "looks dont matter" program. My life was completely changed. I don't know if your ready to commit a payment for your dating life.. but I'm telling you mikey its an investment that never stops giving results. Just check it out

Pure Personality: How To Attract Women With Pure Personality

Hope I could help

Good luck!
    perplexed1 Posts: 40, Reputation: 4

Jun 25, 2009, 08:53 PM

Whatever your hobbies are, you need to go and do them with other people. I'm not sure what you're into and what you do for fun, but find other people like that. You're never going to meet someone sitting around moping about how you don't know anyone. You hafta take the initiative.
    IheartPugs Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jun 25, 2009, 09:01 PM

It also depends on how you look and act like. For examples...
    The Bigs No-No's!
    Shady looking
    Boring
    Workaholic
    Greedy
    The kind of guy who doesn't look at your eyes

Possible Yes(depends on the women)
    Strong, Muscluar
    Slightly Nerdy (my favourite, lol)
    Rich
    Can cook
    Nice personality

Sometimes all it takes is the personality of the person.
    :) Hope I helped.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jun 25, 2009, 09:24 PM
    I have known people who have met through social dating sites, and had great success. Even if the online person doesn't work out, you may have found another friend.

If you have a dog, go to the nearest dog park. Lots of singles frequent dog parks, and beaches- it's summer!

Join a political party, and meet like minded individuals. Become a member of your local volunteer association, and help out with local activities with local people. Network!

I met people through a news web site, which had a 'chat room', and on September 11th, I was absolutely devastated and desperately needed people to talk to. I had narrowly missed losing a friend who cancelled a flight that day who had business in the towers. Anyway, I keep in regular touch with many of them. We all helped each other through those days.

You have to figure out what you might like to do, and I guarantee that if you pursue some interests, you will find others with the same.

I've had the most interesting conversations with complete strangers just walking through Walmart.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 09:05 AM

The more people you interact with, the better your dating options, and opportunities are going to be. Anything that gets you out of the house, and enjoying yourself, is a good thing.

For sure, happiness will not come, and ring your doorbell, so getting out there and building a life that you enjoy, is a good place to start your plan.

There is nothing more attractive than someone who is happy with themselves, whether single or not.

So why does a 30 year old guy just stay home all the time, and not get out the house with some fun activities??
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 09:10 AM
    Just thought of something I thought was quite cool. In some larger cities they have 'singles nights', and the show I saw, was on a grocery store.

Tuesday nights from 7-9, was singles time, not that anybody else couldn't go, but it was advertised for singles at that time. So, the place was full of singles. Maybe there is something like that where you are?

You have to buy groceries, may as well check it out.
    kpdns Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2009, 10:46 AM
    If you want to meet women, do things that women do - sing in a choir (this is huge! - don't just think of the singers in the choir, think about the conductor, too!), take a cooking class, take a dance class, join a jazzercize group, do aquacize, get involved with kids groups (think 4-H, children's choirs, boys and girls clubs - they all have moms or have single people who run the programs)

People always say to do what interests you, but maybe you need to find a new interest. I've done all of those things I listed above, and usually, I'm surrounded by a bunch of other women and no fun, single guys who like to do the same thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think I am clueless [ 13 Answers ]

Hi.. Well I think I have a problem.. Some times I feel I don't have a ME.. Most of the days I do what ever I want to do and what ever will make me happy... but lately I have been noticing that what do I really want? I donno! I know I want to be happy.. most of the days that happened by lil'...

I'm Clueless! [ 3 Answers ]

HEY, Im a freshmen in high school and I like this guy I don't know anything about him but I like him very much. My friends thinks he's ugly but I really don't care about how the person looks I seen him today in the café but I was to shy to say anything I would like to date him or if not get to...

I'm clueless [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 4 months pregnant and I need an ultrasound done to find out if I'm having a boy or girl, but my medical card already covered one. The father is indian and he has an indian card does anyone know if his card could cover an ultrasound since it's his child?

Clueless [ 1 Answers ]

I have suffered for the last month with dizzies heart pounding very tierd even after sleeping for 12 hours vison problems chest pain hot flushes neck pain body treamorsbeen to doctor had blood test galore ultra sound of heart been to hospital many many times they all keep telling me its annexity I...

View more questions Search