Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loveshackcabin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2003, 06:06 PM
    No headlights
    Son and I are working on a 1982 Ford Bronco the problem is there is no headlights or tail lights. We have installed new dimmer swithch and light switch still nothing.
    Seems like there is no power but can't find a fuse or a fusable link for this system. Blinkers and brake lights do work. Where do we go from here. Please e-mail me at [email protected] ?
    dv320 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2006, 11:34 AM
    Headlights
    dv320

Check ground wire and/or make one from head light to groung and try if it works bad ground .replace or install a new ground
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 19, 2007, 09:25 AM
    Power goes from headlight switch to dimmer switch. If floor dimmer switch, easier to test than, column. Of the three wires, one should be hot when headlight switch turned on,
    One goes to low beam, and one goes to highbeam and highbeam indicator.
    Or can put jumper to bypass switch for test. You could apply 12 volts to see if lights
    Work at the dimmer.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 19, 2007, 10:27 AM
    Check all under-dash and under-hood fuses with a test light or multimeter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing headlights--97 civic [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1997 Honda Civic Coupe and I bought new headlights to put in. The problem is, I have no clue how and my manual does not help.? Does anyone here know how to do it and could tell me? Thanks!

Headlights blink when traveling [ 3 Answers ]

I have a blue bird bus. When I turn the lights on they stay on but when I start to drive they blink on and off. I've checked for water in the lens. Anything else I can look for?

Headlights on 76 dodge d-100 brighten up when accelarating [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 76 dodge d-100 truck the lights brighten up when I accelarate. I have replaced the alternator a couple of times with no luck. Does anyone have a clue as to why?

Headlights 1992 Chevy Pickup [ 1 Answers ]

I need to change the low beams on my 1992 C150 Chevy pickup and for the life of me I can not see how to get at the beams. Anyone got an idea how I accomplish this? Thanks Super Dave

View more questions Search