Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mstone34 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2009, 08:28 PM
    Win 7 iso
    I went to the windows download site to download windows 7 RC... they say to do a clean install on a test machine but the file they downloaded is an iso file (2.36 GB). Where do I go from here? How do I make the iso file turn into win 7 install. If I have to put it on a cd-I can burn in to a cd on another computer... but how do I make the cd bootable and install? If you can help, thanks in advance
    randomguy19 Posts: 81, Reputation: 3

Jun 5, 2009, 08:34 PM
    First off, you need to burn the iso. Do not burn it as DATA file, because it won't work. In your burning software, you must select burn .iso, then locate and select the iso file. After that, restart the computer with the cd in the drive. When it boots up, it will ask to press any button to boot from cd. Do it. Let it load, once it loads you should be able to tell what to do. It's pretty simple. Make sure when it boots from the disc to DELETE the hard drive data, and click install on the same hard drive. Please back up all of your data before you do this, as it will wipe ALL DATA. BTW, windows 7 is pretty awesome =)
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2009, 09:25 AM

Burn to a disc - Freeware

Image Burn
    The Official ImgBurn Website

Steps to burn an ISO-image (to CD , DVD , HD DVD , Blu-Ray)

1. Browse to the ISO-file you want to burn
    2. Select the ISO file and right-mouse-click now
    3. Choose "Burn using ImgBurn"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search