Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AlexandraW Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2009, 03:29 PM
    Property title
    I have paid off my condo and received Release of Mortgage from the county recorder. I wrote back to them asking for a title. The mailed to me a Warranty Deed. I still think that I do not have the correct document, could anyone please advise. Thank you so much. Alexandra
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Jun 5, 2009, 04:51 PM
    The Warranty Deed is the title. It should show your name as the purchaser, the property address, have a signature from the seller and show that it was recorded in the county recorder's office.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 5, 2009, 07:25 PM

There is no "title" like a car, there are various types of deeds, you should have gotten the deed when you bought the property, and there was a mortgage, the deed did not change, only the mortgage was paid off.
    actuary18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2009, 01:14 PM
    How do I get a (free) copy of the deed to property in brooklyn, New York?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I find who's name is on a property title? [ 4 Answers ]

I have property from probating my mothers' will. The title company is telling me I have no right to this land/house. It's really a long story but, I need to know who's name is on the warranty deed. My stepfather died in 1980, according to our local tax office mom became the owner in 1988. I've...

Changing Title to Property [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I just established a trust account in California. We have property in Missouri that we would like to transfer into that trust account. How do I go about accomplishing this?

Need to transfer property title [ 4 Answers ]

I leased optioned my property a little over a year ago. The man has already paid me most of the money that he owes me and I am ready to sign over the deed to him. The problem is that my common law husband, who is in prison right now, agreed to sign the limited power of attorney allowing me to...

Transferring Property Title - Alabama [ 1 Answers ]

My elderly parents own a home in Alabama. They would like to transfer the property title out of their name into a trust account. My dad wants to do this. How can I help my parents with this?

View more questions Search