Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JK3219 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2009, 06:48 AM
    Gas bower starts but won't run
    I have a Ryobi gas blower that will start but won't run. If I press the choke bulb the blower will run and once I stop pushing the bulb it will stop. The blower is about 1 year old.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 5, 2009, 11:16 AM

2 cycle engine can clog their carbs as the gas evaporates faster than the oil mixed in. Dump you gas from the tank and mix a new batch adding a ounce of SeaFoam or other good carb cleaner. You may have to pump that bulb for a full minute or tow but this mix should help flush the carb. If not a disassembly and carb cleaning is in oredr. I hate these little carbs, they are the size of my thumb and I get to be all thumbs when trying to rebuild them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Only starts when it wants [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 89 civic and it only starts when it wants. Starts good in the mouring or when it sits 15 min or more but if the chack engion light stays on won't start.real good motor

Central heater furnace starts and blower starts for 30 minutes and then fan shuts off [ 1 Answers ]

We start our central heater and the furnace kicks in and then the blower starts and the house warms up but when it reaches the desired temperature. When the temp. drops and you can hear the furnace start but the blower will never kick in. If we shut off the whole thing and wait about 1 hour, we...

Furnace bower will not stop running [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 7 year old 80% efficiency Tempstar gas furnace. The blower fan will not shut off. Thermostat is good. How do I check whether the problem is the fan and/or limit control, or the circuit board? What and where is the limit control?

Furnace bower will not stop running [ 3 Answers ]

I recently replaced my thermostat and the heater worked fine for a few months. Now the blower fan will not shut off when the room reaches the set temperature ( same problem I had before the new thermostat). I installed another known working thermostat and the problem remained so I know it is not a...

Inducer motor starts running, but ignition never starts [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Payne Gas forced air furnace, and it's behavior has changed in the last couple of days, where it never gets past the Inducer motor cycle. When we turn on the thermostat (or even jumper across the "R" and "W" leads on the furnace controller) the inducer motor starts running and keeps...

View more questions Search