Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2009, 05:48 AM
    The President's Cairo Speech
    I have read it twice. Still can't find anything new and different in it.

The White House - Press Office - Remarks by the President at Cairo University, 6-04-09

I guess it is not as important what was said as who said it??
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2009, 01:17 PM
    Bush said some of the same things so yeah, it was the presenter... the guy who even saw himself in the pyramids. I wish I would have saved a cached copy of Huffpo's home page yesterday, you might have thought they were announcing the second coming.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2009, 01:21 PM

You have to admit that drawing looks a little like him with those ears.
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2009, 01:29 PM

The White House managed to work an audience shout out in their transcript of the "REMARKS BY THE PRESIDENT ON A NEW BEGINNING"

AUDIENCE MEMBER: Barack Obama, we love you!
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2009, 04:32 PM
    President Bush made a similar address when he was President :

So I have known Christianity on three continents before coming to the region where it was first revealed. That experience guides my conviction that partnership between America and Christianity must be based on what Christianity is, not what it isn't. And I consider it part of my responsibility as President of the United States to fight against negative stereotypes of Christians wherever they appear.

As I recall the President was called Crusader and Christian ayatolla around the world . He was raked through the coals by the separation of church and state crowd .

Keep in mind now that this is twice in his 1st 100 days that the dhimmi President has made major addresses in Muslim Capitals during his seemingly endless apology tour.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2009, 06:47 PM

Hello:

Ancient Egyptian history foretells about a nubian slave with big ears who would emerge from the masses to save the kingdom - and he did. He shall be known as Obamagnificent the Great!

He spoke of world peace - and so it was. His hieroglyph was only discovered yesterday...

Isn't that like finding the image of Jesus on a peanut?

excon
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2009, 07:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Isn't that like finding the image of Jesus on a peanut?
    Pretty much the same.
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2009, 03:50 AM
    Napoleon went inside the King's Chamber by himself in 1798 , and when he came out he was shaken.

The inner sanctum of the Pyramids drew Napoleon in, like so many before him and since. After exploring the chambers of Khufu's Great Pyramid, Napoleon requested to be left alone in the King's Chamber. When he finally emerged, he is reported to have been extremely shaken and shocked by something within. When asked what had happened, he refused to discuss it and insisted that the incident never be spoken of again.

A friend, who visited Napoleon in his final days, asked him to tell him the secret of that day. Napoleon was ready to speak, but then shook his head and declined. Enigmatically, he responded, 'No, what's the use. You'd never believe me.'

Much fanciful speculation has been written about what occurred. Some have suggested that Napoleon was given a vision of his future
    The Mystic Traveller: Napoleon & The Mystery Within The Pyramid
    He may very well have walked past the big-eared image. The future he was shown may not have been his own.
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2009, 04:07 AM
    Bush said some of the same things so yeah, it was the presenter
    If appeals to reason and good will were enough to achieve peace, we would have achieved it long ago. Notable is that in 6000 words "terror," "terrorist," or "terrorism" is never metioned.
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2009, 05:26 AM
    "Violent extremists" was the choice of words.

He also spoke of the need to "recognize past agreements" in the Israel/Palestine situation before telling the Israelis "it is time for these settlements to stop," after telling the G20 America should "forge partnerships as opposed to simply dictating solutions."

According to Hillary, stopping settlements means "not some settlements, not outposts, not natural-growth exceptions." So, don't have any more babies you guys.

I especially enjoyed the 5 paragraphs on Islamic tolerance, with this line prefacing his discussion of women's rights...

Likewise, it is important for Western countries to avoid impeding Muslim citizens from practicing religion as they see fit -- for instance, by dictating what clothes a Muslim woman should wear. We can't disguise hostility towards any religion behind the pretence of liberalism.
    Where's the outrage? Why isn't every feminist in the country raising hell over Obama keeping them in the hijab?
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2009, 06:56 AM

Hello:

I'm a nice Jewish boy. I've been to Israel. They actually have room there. Seems to me, they COULD build settlements on land that's NOT in controversy.

Maybe it's time they did.

Look. It's going to take some change to make peace. Somebody has to do it. And, somebody has to TELL 'em to do it. Business as usual ain't going to cut it.

excon
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2009, 07:08 AM
    Hello:

I'm a nice Jewish boy. I've been to Israel. They actually have room there. Seems to me, they COULD build settlements on land that's NOT in controversy.

Maybe it's time they did.

Look. It's gonna take some change to make peace. Somebody has to do it. And, somebody has to TELL 'em to do it. Business as usual ain't gonna cut it.
    We can't dictate to others, unless it's Israel. We must recognize past agreements, except for those with Israel. You don't find a heavy does of hypocrisy in that?
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2009, 07:19 AM

Hello again, Steve:

Actually, I've seen a lot of hypocrisy that's gone on in the past - hence NO peace.

And, I certainly do see a lot of dictating going on. I don't see it as one sided, as you do...

Why are the Israeli's building settlements on Arab land in the first place?? To stick it in their eye... That's why! Don't you think it's time for a change??

excon
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2009, 04:43 PM
    And, I certainly do see a lot of dictating going on. I don't see it as one sided, as you do...
    Do you think I have no sympathy for the Palestinian people? I do, they've been screwed by their 'leaders' for far too long. How many hospitals, schools and such have their 'leaders' built? How much money has the world given them only to see it socked away in Swiss bank accounts and to buy rockets to launch at Israel?

Why are the Israeli's building settlements on Arab land in the first place?? To stick it in their eye... That's why! Don't you think it's time for a change??
    I do, it's time for Hamas, Fatah, the PLO, Hezbollah and every other pathetic terrorist group to act human.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A President's Test [ 4 Answers ]

The LAPD, The FBI, and the CIA are all trying to prove that they are the best at apprehending criminals. The President decides to give them a test. He releases a rabbit into a forest and each of them has to catch it. The CIA goes in. They place animal informants throughout the forest. They...

WAPO: Free speech ain't free speech [ 23 Answers ]

I was always under the impression that free speech was free speech, now we have things like "hate speech," "free speech zones," the UN's "you can't offend Islam speech," and as I gave an example of today - "politically correct speech." The Washington Post claims a distinction between Political...

Cairo (Egypt) to Midlands (UK) [ 1 Answers ]

My friend wants to move from Cairo in Egypt to the UK. Neither of us have a clue on how to go about doing this... It would be great if someone could point us in the right direction. Thanks :) X

Cairo Resembles Something On Atlas? [ 2 Answers ]

Dear; I'm Told That Cairo's Map Seen From Above On Atlas Resembles Something But I've been unable to find Out What Is That. If Someone Could Help Me(Accuracy will be appreciated). Khuda hafiz

View more questions Search