Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ORLONDOMAYES Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2009, 06:43 PM
    What is a felony conviction
    Iwas charged with a felony burglary and Ipled guilty to a trespass and got 1 year burglary, does that mean I was covicted of a felony if an employer look at my background?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 4, 2009, 07:04 PM

Yes you are convicted of a felony if you plead guilty to a felony.
    ORLONDOMAYES Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2009, 07:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Yes you are convicted of a felony if you plead guilty to a felony.
    So when an employer ask if I've been convected of a felony the answer is yes.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 4, 2009, 07:40 PM

I would say so, only you know what you actually plead guility to, if you did a plea bargain was the orgainal charge reduced, often they are.
    So look at your exact record, look at the exact charge ( not just name of the crime but the specific number of the crime and cross reference to the state law and see if that was a felony.

But pleading guility is a conviction

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felony conviction [ 5 Answers ]

When asked the question on job application were you convicted of a felony in the past seven years can you answer no if you were convicted 12 years ago

I have a Felony Conviction [ 2 Answers ]

:( Hi. I am 22 yrs old and convicted on a felony of conspiracy to distribute. I actually got convicted in 06/06 but charged in 05/05 and I have completely changed my life. I am going to an interview at an eye doctor and was wondering if anyone had any tips for me. Please

Felony conviction [ 9 Answers ]

I know someone who was convicted of passport fraud. He was given 5 yrs probation with several stipulations one being that he must stay current on court ordered child support. He was also told he can not leave his jusdicial area without permission of the probation officer. He lost his job when he...

I have a Felony Conviction [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I'm 22 and I got convicted of a felony of conspiracy to distribute. I was wondering what kind of jobs I cana get. I am going for an interview at an eye doctor as a receptionist. Can they hire me with a Felony

Felony conviction [ 1 Answers ]

How to get a felony conviction explunged from your record?

View more questions Search