Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dawsonsinny Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2009, 10:48 AM
    Lubricate Sling glass doors
    Doors are moving slowly. It appears the wheels on the Anderson Sliding Glass doors. What should I use to lubricate. Any other suggestions.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 4, 2009, 11:39 AM

The track must be cleaned and the wheel height can also be adjusted. Most sliders have a roller with a bushing rather than a bearing and can be grease with lithium white grease or graphite. Cleaning the track and adjusting the height will probably do as much as the grease to help it slide better
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2009, 06:10 AM

There is a screw on each end of door to adjust rollers.

There is a groove in bottom of door over track. This groove must be higher than track.

Spray screw with WD40 and adjust clearance.
    Set door so the edge of door is just reaching jamb leg. Spacing on top and bottom of jamb leg to door should be the same.

This will set door square to jamb.

Good luck

Chuck
    glassdoc Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

Jul 10, 2009, 10:57 AM

Andersen doors sometimes have a cap that covers the adjustment screw for the rollers (on the side of the bottom stile of the door). It looks like a flat head screw but just turn it counter clockwise to remove it and the adjustment screw is behind it. There should be notched adjustments. Turn the screw clockwise to raise the door. Adjust both screws to make the door plumb with the jamb. Lubricate the rail with a silicone spray. If this doesn't help, call your local Glass Doctor or other glass shop to have them replace the rollers on the door or if you want to tackle it yourself, rollers are available.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lubricate Sliding Glass Door [ 6 Answers ]

Our sliding glass door to the backyard has become more difficult to open and I'm wondering what can be done, if some type of lubricant is supposed to be used or does it need some repair to the metal track or the door itself. Any suggestions/resources are appreciated.

Stains on glass windows and doors [ 4 Answers ]

My pool sweep frequently sprays water onto my windows and sliding glass doors. Now, the windows and doors are stained from the chemicals in the pool. Does anyone have a cleaning solution or method that I might use to remove those stains? Thanks. Jakeatway

Sliding glass doors [ 2 Answers ]

I recently replaced the old rollers with new rollers on a older sliding glass door. I had to take the frame apart (both sides and bottom) so I could get to the rollers. I had a really hard time putting the sides back on because the rubber gasket would not stay in place. Is there a trick to...

Glass patio doors [ 1 Answers ]

We are enclosing a open porch with glass sliding doors. We live in GA heat. Trying to decide if 360 glass is better than the argon low e glass. Any help will be appriciated as I am clueless. Thanks

Old sliding glass doors [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all. I have a four panel sliding glass door from the 60’s The outside panels are fixed with the middle panels sliding. The doors are single glass. The frame channels are wide. Is there a way to replace the single glass with a thermal pane glass? Is this cost effective. I do...

View more questions Search