Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ORLONDOMAYES Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2009, 10:27 AM
    Difference between convicted and charged
    I need to know the difference between convicted and charged when ask on a job application.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2009, 10:31 AM

Hello O:

Oh, I think you'd KNOW the difference if you'd been convicted. Because, if you'd been convicted you'd have had some sanctions placed upon you, like JAIL, FINES, COMMUNITY SERVICE, PROBATION, and stuff like that. If NONE of that happened to you, then you've never been convicted..

If you've been charged, you'd have been to court to hear somewhere that the charges were dismissed. THAT would be something I would remember. But, that's just me.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Charged with a crime but not convicted [ 2 Answers ]

Charged with a crime but not convicted, what does it say on my background? How long does it take to pose on a criminial record?

Could it disqualify me from getting an aprt. When I've been charged NOT convicted? [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend are trying to get in apartment of our own, but unfortunately they do backround check. My concern is that his record is clean but mine however is not. Now I'm just wondering if it could disqualify us because I've been charged and they ended up doing a diversion, and my record...

Employment application: Have you ever been charged/ convicted of a Felony? [ 19 Answers ]

I have an 18 year old son who was charged with a Felony offense (arson) when he was 16, he was placed on Diversion ( like Juvenile probation) and in January of 2008 he can petition the court to have it expunged from his record since he hasn't been in any trouble since or even before that. My...

Charged/Convicted/Arrested [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Recently I was charged (given form 9 for appearance in court and fingerprinted) for theft under at Toronto CA (my first offence in my life, I am adult). In first appear I was asked to meet one community service lady, as per instruction I donated the money to charity and produce the receipt...

View more questions Search