Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oe812 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2009, 08:32 AM
    Lennox XC 14 Compressor Noise
    I had two new XC 14 Lennox Condenser Units installed in my home with one unit having the Humiditrol. I have noticed a shut down noise from both compressors during every shut down. The installer stated that the shut down noise is normal according to Lennox and this is the number 1 complaint. The installer explained that the scroll compressor makes this noise and is not a detriment. The Lennox web site and manual states that the XC 14 has a "Precision-engineered scroll compressor—special compressor sound-dampening system assures smooth, quiet operation..."

Explain.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 4, 2009, 03:43 PM
    Can you post a recording of the sound ? The XC14 is from the elite line and should be quiet BUT quiet can mean different things to different people.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Noise from compressor [ 1 Answers ]

Had a YORK 14 SEER system installed 2 months and from day one the compressor makes a noise like someone hitting a empty 55 gallon drum when unit shuts off and comes through ducts. The installer says it is normal? :confused: Because of back pressure. My 9 year old 11 SEER Rheem was quite as a...

Lennox HPA16 heat pump compressor failure [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2.5 year old Lennox HPA16-060 heat pump. Stopped working. Tech says bad circuit board. Replaces board (now it runs) and says some solenoid is shorted to ground so I only have first stage heating and cooling performance. Since solenoid is part of compressor "unit" the full fix, and...

A/c compressor noise [ 5 Answers ]

My goodman 5 ton heatpump / a/c compressor when reaches desired temp makes a heavy (loud) buzzing until I lower stat To demand more cooling or turn it off. Once it is off for 30 secs I can turn on it is fine. The noise is intermittent it doesn't do it every cycle.!

Compressor noise [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know why my compressor is making a lot of noise after I installed a new hunter touchscreen thermostat? Please help!

Lennox compressor not coming on [ 2 Answers ]

HELP PLEASE... I have a Lennox a/c unit... the compressor all of sudden stopped awhile ago. The thermostat display is working fine and the fan comes on when I turn it from "auto" to "fan"... but the outside unit won't come on at all. I tried turning main breaker off and on but nothing. ANY...

View more questions Search