Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RaeRaeBaby Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2009, 07:34 PM
    What's should I do about my suicidal thoughts?
    I am 14 years old I suffer from deep deep depression I have suicide thoughts every day of my life I need someone to help me with my problems but I don't like talking to people I rather do it online!:(:(:(:(:(:(
    Megan2345 Posts: 239, Reputation: 8

Jun 3, 2009, 07:43 PM

I had the same problem when I was 14. I recommend seeing a doctor. You could try medication or therapy.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2009, 08:10 PM

You can try us, if you'd like.

I will tell you that in order to be effective, you may need both a psychitrist who can prescribe meds and a psychologist who can institute therapy.

Depression and suicidal thoughts go hand in hand at times.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2009, 08:13 PM

Hi, RaeRaeBaby!

Yes, it's tough being a teenager! What are some of the things that make you depressed and when was the last time that you had a check-up by your physician, please?

Thanks!
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Jun 3, 2009, 09:11 PM

Dear RRB,

"i am 14 years old i suffer from deep deep depression i have suicide thoughts every day of my life i need someone to help me with my problems but i don't like talking to people i rather do it online!"-RRB

First off, we can not fix your issue, only suggest things to try. Your best way of getting better is talking to a psychologist, and getting assessed. Do you know why you are depressed?
    What are your triggers? (Do you notice any specific thoughts/events that occure before you get deeply deepressed?)
    Is there any history of depression in your family? (Mum and Dad's sides.)
    What is your life like, do you have friends? Is your family supportive? Do you issolate yourself from people? DO you have a councellor/Psychologist/Psychiatrist/person you confide in? Are you aprat of any groups? Were you apart of groups before but dropped out?
    Do you Drink Alcohol or do drugs? (Any at all, other then meds you are told to be taking.)
    How active are you? Do you do any thing to get exercise?
    When did you notice the depression? How long have you had it? Anything major happen that may have triggered it? (Death of a loved one, abuse of some kind, feeling lonely)

Well, that's a start for now, but be patient for these things take time. I highly recommend you talk to a profetional, they may not know what is wrong, but they would have a lot higher probability of finding the answer before any of us would. Don't listen to the stigma of "Those counsellors/psychologists/psychiatrists don't know what they are talking about." True they may not know what is the cause, but they can find out by way of process of elimination/trial and Error. NO ONE KNOWS how our brains function 100%, so no one knows really what causes some things, like depression/Mania and so on. What they do know is that certain things like chemicals in the brain affect our Moods and other behaviours. Please ignore what the ignorent have to say, and try to trust and work with your "mental Health professionals." I think of them as more of a computer that informs me of the possibilities and I use them to work my life out.

I hope that helps.
    RaeRaeBaby Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2009, 06:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Megan2345 View Post
    I had the same problem when I was 14. I recommend seeing a doctor. You could try medication or therapy.

I take meds. Nothing works.
    Holly23 Posts: 180, Reputation: 15

Jun 6, 2009, 06:51 AM

What do you think about?
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Jun 6, 2009, 08:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RaeRaeBaby View Post
    i take meds. nothing works.
    That maybe, but you couldn't have possibly tried everything. What kind of meds? Find out and start figuring out what the effects were, and try different theropies. It's not all about meds, you need to try other things to work with your meds, like exercising, joining groups (thearopy), getting up and out involved in other things. I'd suggest trying to occupy your mind with other things as your bad thoughts maybe caused by lack of involovement in your life. Then again if you have a psychological issue that is like schizophrenia you will need to get informed and find what works for you.

Don't expect things to sipmly get better after taking a Med, this isn't Hogwarts and we can't use magic. These tings take time, and patience. It can take up to 2 months before a medication starts to work. Depending on dosage, body type, type of med, and such.

Also, I agree, what kind of thoughts are you having? How often, what time of day, what is happening when they come, where are you, what is your mood like before, during, after, and so on. If you can't answer those then you are going to need to figure that out, it's important! I know it feels messed and you don't like it, but some times "we have to go through hell before we get to heaven."- steave miller band. And believe me I know about these things, I'm Bipolar, and have some insight into such matters as mental health.

Peace and kindness be with you.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2009, 12:30 PM

Hi again, RaeRaeBaby!

Are you going to answer the questions that I asked in post #4 above?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Suicidal thoughts. [ 9 Answers ]

Hello my name is Riley and I have just turned 13 years old. I have no friends, I get bullied at school, I fail miserably in everything that I try and there are allot of other things going on in my life that I could not even begin to describe. Anyway ill get straight to the point, with everything...

Suicidal Thoughts [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I am 28 years old, my girlfriend of 10 years broke up with me 6 months ago, I have been doing nc since then,I also lost my job in January and since I am on a work visa in America I have to go back to my country which I have not visited in 8 years,So basically I lost my love, my job and...

Depression and suicidal thoughts [ 5 Answers ]

Hello folks, Im a 20 year old male student. I have had a really low or no self esteem all my life. Im not good with social settings, outings, parties, etc. I donot come from a dysfunctional family. Problem is, Im 20 now and Im failing at everything. I wasted a whole year studying...

Suicidal thoughts [ 13 Answers ]

I have been thinking about suicide, what can do to help myself?

View more questions Search