Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cjcox Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2009, 06:53 PM
    16 and 13 yr old dating?
    I am 16 and she is 13. I know it seems weird but we really like each other and its not sexual. What is your opinion on this?
    andrewc24301 Posts: 374, Reputation: 29

Jun 3, 2009, 06:57 PM

Probably not a good idea until you are both over 18.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 3, 2009, 07:03 PM

Nope, a normal 16 year old should not have anything in common with a 13 year old child. And of course a 13 year old should not really be dating.
    Sad_Soul Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jun 4, 2009, 09:38 PM

In my opinion it's not that huge of an age difference, but in all honesty I think it would be best to pursue someone closer to your own age. As you get older, a three year age difference will be nothing, but at this early a time in both of your lives, things are a little different. A lot of people may look down on your relationship if you pursue it (I'm going to assume you are a high schooler while she is a middle schooler) which can make things really difficult for your relationship such as parental disapproval, though that may depend on your personal situation. Are you by any chance religious in any way? Because although you say you don't like each other in a sexual way, chances are if you enter into a relationship that can change, and if it does, a lot of bad could come out of it.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 09:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    nope, a normal 16 year old should not have anything in common with a 13 year old child. And of course a 13 year old should not really be dating.
    I second that opinion Fr_Chuck.

Sarah
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 09:50 PM

I am curious to know what her parents think of this. Things that make you go hmm!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teen Dating girl dating younger boy? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm a 15 year old girl turning 16 in September and I'm in year 10. This boy who I think is reallly cute asked me out the only problem is I found out that he is turning 14 and in year 7! Would it be wrong if I Went out with him considering there is a 2 yr age difference?? :confused:

We're dating, but he posted on a dating site! [ 11 Answers ]

We've only been dating for about a month or so. The first couple of weeks, he called me every day, sometimes twice a day. Then it was less frequent. I assumed he didn't have the guts to break it off, so I stopped calling him and he wouldn't call me for a few days, but he always called. Said...

Dating lots of people or dating only one? [ 17 Answers ]

Do you think you should multiple people at the same time or only one?

The Good: I'm back out dating! The Bad: I'm back out dating. [ 11 Answers ]

Well to start I've recently been testing the waters following a break of a 4 year relationship 2 months ago (one of those where she wanted to marry me, I had the ring and we split things). So I've recovered I'm out meeting people, I feel ready and now I'm dating. Now I know dating is pretty...

From dating to friends to dating? [ 3 Answers ]

Here's my problem. I met this guy about 9 months ago. After only going out a couple of times we started dating. It only lasted for about a month and he ended it saying he didn't think we had enough in common. Since then we have become best friends and spend a lot of time together. But we are...

View more questions Search