Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mauricelee Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2009, 06:05 PM
    Why isn't my pool pump getting any suction
    I have bubbles coming into the pool, but there is no water going into the pump to prime it. I do not have enough suction to run a vacuum.
    SailorMark Posts: 48, Reputation: 7

Jun 3, 2009, 06:14 PM

Check your basket filters to make sure they are clear. Then depending upon the filter unit, you make be able to prime it by adding water to it another way. If that's not it, your pump may need servicing or replacement or there may be something blacking the return. My advice if the baskets aren't full of leaves and stuff is to call whoever services your pool (or installed it) and ask them what to do since they'll be familiar with your setup. My experience is that the problem is usually something obvious that I've just been blind to until someone pointed it out (mine had a basket filter in two different places and I thought it only had one to clean out).
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 3, 2009, 06:50 PM

Aren't you the same person who said you have broken pipes under your deck? That would probably play into this problem.
    mauricelee Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2009, 07:07 PM
    We're not sure, we want to explore any other possibility before we tear up the cool deck. The bubbles going into the pool is the question we have now. We have troubleshot the pump, the pipes on top of the ground going into the pump and filter, just trying to figure out where the air is getting in.
    Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inground pool no suction in my skimmers low pressure [ 7 Answers ]

I have 2 skimmers in the deep end of my inground pool and I have no suction in both skimmers. Is it possibly clogged if so how do I unclog the skimmers just open the pool and had a lot of pine needles and debris on the bottom.:confused:

Clear Pool Suction Line to Filter [ 3 Answers ]

There seems to be some kind of obstruction in the suction line between my inground pool and the filter. Water is not being drawn into the filter to be cleaned. How do I clear the line so the water can be filtered. I have called one plumber who came out with a roto rooter line but he said the...

Pool pump and booster pump timer diagrams [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a diagram that shows how to hookup two intermatic timers to the pool pump and the booster pump. Running 220volts

Nordyne heat pump high suction in heat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 yr old heat pump.in heat mode at 40 deg outside I have 120 psi on the suction and 160 psi on the disc. 99 deg. At discharge from condenser.first season for heat.sounds like a stuck or leaking reverse valve. Any suggestions. Thanks ps I tried switching from air to heat a few times

View more questions Search