Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    linzicave Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2009, 01:13 PM
    Horse trailer serial number
    I have purchased a lambourne horse trailer. Without a serial number I can not get insurance. I can't find the number on the trailer anywhere. It is an old trailer dating about 1980's. Can anyone help?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 3, 2009, 02:01 PM

You will probably have to register it as a new trailer and pay additional fees which means you will not have saved any money buying an old one. Sounds like your insurance company is being unreasonably difficult. Try another insurance company who can offer you options, as I have mentioned, or just ditch it (as probably the others did) and start from scratch if you want to protect your cargo. Are you in Canada or the US ?

Tick
    mazak Posts: 148, Reputation: 5

Jun 3, 2009, 04:30 PM

Have you checked with the dmv,or the state police?years back,a friend was in a similar situation,and I remember the state police being involved,and either issued new numbers or stamped them on the tongue of the trailer.kind of like it was a home built trailer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Serial number on travel trailer [ 2 Answers ]

Looking to buy travel trail it has salvaged title. Is there any place for free to look up serial number to see by it has salvaged title

Horse trailer conversions [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can find an instructional DVD on how to finish out the living quarters of a horse trailer?

Horse trailer conversions [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can find an instructional DVD on how to finish out the living quarters of a horse trailer?

View more questions Search