Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mmm20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2006, 11:09 AM
    Lifting of the corporate veil
    Hi

I've just started the company law subject this semester, I did not understand the "lifting of the corporate veil". Can you give me a detailed explanation on this matter.

Regards MMM20
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Oct 18, 2006, 12:28 AM
    Is this a book or is this just a phrase, because the phrase most likely means seeing behind the façade that corporate america tries to pull over the american consumers.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Oct 18, 2006, 05:42 AM
    Lifting of the corporate veil is a legal term where the court allows a lawsuit or prosecution to proceed against the individual shareholders/directors of a corporation instead of allowing them to be protected from individual liability due to their corporate status.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hernia: preventing testicle pain while lifting! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I am 17 years old. I lift weight a lot, well I used to . This whole summer I have laid around watching anime and losing muscle. Mainly because I had this lump on my right testicle and I was in a lot of amounts of pain, and my doctor could not really find any explenation for it at all what so...

Corporate tax [ 2 Answers ]

Ex.) Act as if a newly formed corporation receives property from an 80% controlled member. The member contributed property with a basis of $50,000 and a FMV of $100,000. In return, the corporation distributed $100,000 of its stock to the individual, which is like a like-kind exchange, which...

Business / Corporate Law [ 2 Answers ]

Please I need case studies on Company and Business Law. Regards.

Corporate Vehicle Lease. Please Help! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, If Anyone Can Help It Would Be Much Appreciated. Location Is New York. I Would Like To Know If A Vehicle That Is Leased By A Corporation Of Which I Am The Owner, Can Be Registered To Me And Insured To Me And Still Be Used As A Tax Write Off On My Personl Return (schedule E) At The End Of...

View more questions Search