Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rr man Posts: 92, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2009, 12:14 PM
    Webroot Spysweeper pass word
    How do you stop Spy Sweeper from asking for your Online Backup password after you canceled your Online Backup account? I canceled my Online Backup account, but every time I turn the computer on a message pops up asking for my Online Backup account password. I can click "cancel" and it goes away, but this is very annoying to have it pop up every time I turn the computer on. Webroot isn't any help.
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2009, 12:19 PM
    Try this link on WikiAnswers. It's the same question you're asking:

Wiki.answer.com - How do you stop SpySweeper from asking for your Online Backup password after you canceled your Online Backup account?

Apparently, you have to log into

WebRootBackup Account Login

And cancel it from there.

If that doesn't work, you can always reinstall Windows from scratch :mad: (just kidding)

Jun 3, 2009, 12:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Perito View Post
    Try this link on WikiAnswers. It's the same question you're asking:

Wiki.answer.com - How do you stop SpySweeper from asking for your Online Backup password after you canceled your Online Backup account?

Apparently, you have to log into

WebRootBackup Account Login

and cancel it from there.

If that doesn't work, you can always reinstall Windows from scratch :mad: (just kidding)
    Thanks for your response. However, I had already checked the WikiAnswers link and the guy there only got one response, which did not solve the problem. I also tried to the link you mentioned to log into the backup account, and it just said the account had been canceled, so no help there either. Still stumped.
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2009, 02:25 PM

Do you still use SpySweeper, even without the Online Backup account?

Jun 3, 2009, 02:36 PM
    Do you still use SpySweeper, even without the Online Backup account?
    Yes, I still use SpySweeper with no problems, other than that annoying message that pops up every time I turn the computer on.
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2009, 02:41 PM

I'll bet that if you uninstall it and then reinstall it, the problem will go away.

Jun 3, 2009, 03:16 PM
    I'll bet that if you uninstall it and then reinstall it, the problem will go away.
    I followed your suggestion and now it works fine. Just seems to me that there should be a simpler way. Oh well, at least I don't have that annoying popup every time now!
    trihasg4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2011, 03:45 AM
    Password for spy sweeper

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I cannot Uninstall Spysweeper. It's eating my computers resources! [ 10 Answers ]

Please help me Uninstall Webroot Spysweeper in Windows XP : I updated SpySweeper to the newest horrible version. My computer is now SLOW so I tried to uninstall it. I tried doing so through Add/Remove Programs. Also tried going through 'start,run'.. then locating the file to uninstall. I get...

I can't remove webroot spyware [ 3 Answers ]

I thought I had deleted the webroot spyware from my PC, I am trying to download McAfee internet security and it says it can't do so unless I remove the webroot spyware, when I did a search it is in the hidden files, I tried to delete it and it wouldn't let me, I got rid of the webroot disc along...

Need pass word [ 2 Answers ]

Forgot my administator password for toshiba satillite a135. How can I break it. :mad:

How to crack hotmail pass word ? [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to get cracked pass word for hotmail id. Please do the needfull. It is to check my teenage daughters Mails for her goodness.

Pass word [ 7 Answers ]

Hello Experts, I want to make a password for my PC, to prevent anyone use the computer during I'm not exciting,so can anyone help on this. Thanks

View more questions Search