Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lillypug Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2009, 11:58 AM
    I want my daughter and her husband to buy my home but they can't get a mortgage
    How can I sell them the house without a mortgage I still owe 86,00 on the house and
    Have 13 years left on my mortgage. I want to sell the house to them but they don't
    Want to go through a traditional mortgage what can we do
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2009, 12:03 PM

If they can find some way to pay you, they don't need to take out a mortgage. If you're going to finance the mortgage (land contract would be the usual term for this), then either you or they need to come up with enough money to pay off your mortgage. Once your mortgage is paid off, your can sell your property any way you want.

If sounds to me like they have no credit and you owe $86,000 on your house. If it were my situation, I wouldn't sell them the house unless they can get their own funding. I wouldn't fund them.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2009, 12:03 PM

You can keep the mortgage in your name and 'rent' them the house for the monthly mortgage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Divorcing and husband wants to mortgage paid off house? [ 1 Answers ]

We are divorcing because he has interest in other women. Our mortgage is paid off. Title or I should say deed is in both of our names. Can he mortgage the house again without my signature?

How can my husband qualify for a mortgage? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband has no credit, and nobody wants to qualify him for credit. If he is not giving at least one opportunity, how is he going to establish credit? Help!! We will like to purchase a home. All we get is promises but no solutions.

Adding my husband to my mortgage [ 4 Answers ]

I Have Been Married 2 1/2 Years And My Husband Want Me To Put Him On My Mortgage But I Was Buying The House 4 Years Before I Met Him What Do I Do

View more questions Search