Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Robertheard Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2009, 05:31 AM
    Floor tiles
    I had to cut 5 ceramic tiles at the grout line, I used a saw and completely soaked the floor to eliminate dust.My question is when I got the tiles out I noticed that there were asbestose tiles stuck to the ceramic tile underside . I'm extreamly worried now about the asbestose.
    I did have a exhaust fun running a full speed while doing the work and really didn't notice any dust,how worried should I be >
    Thanks
    Rob
    Really can't do anything about it now.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 3, 2009, 10:42 AM

How do you know that the tiles has asbestos, you can't tell by the looks. If you did breathe in any asbestos then the damage is done but it takes repeated exposure, usually for years, to really give you asbestosis. The folks who suffer from this incurable illness usually worked in the mines, asbestos factory or on Navy ships years ago.
    Robertheard Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2009, 03:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    How do you know that the tiles has asbestos, you can't tell by the looks. If you did breathe in any asbestos then the damage is done but it takes repeated exposure, usually for years, to really give you asbestosis. The folks who surfure from this incurable illness usually worked in the mines, asbestos factory or on Navy ships years ago.
    Thank you for the info

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reuse old floor tiles [ 1 Answers ]

A few of my floor tiles are popping up, but I can find the same color tile anywhere. Is it possible to reuse the old tiles? If yes how?

Replace cracked floor tiles or ? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I have a dilemma, I have a few cracked floor tiles in various locations (about 4) some are hairline cracks, other are more pronounced (see pics). Problem is I have no spares or am not able to locate any (tried several sources). My question is, is there anyway to reiar these cracks ? ...

Asbestos floor tiles? [ 9 Answers ]

We are replacing some wall to wall carpeting. The other day when the installer came out to measure the room he said that the tiling underneath was asbestos. We are putting new wall to wall carpet down over that floor (which is not brittle and is intact). 2 questions: 1. Where can we have a piece...

Old glue on floor from stick-on tiles [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I removed the old damaged stick-on tiles from my bathroom floor, and the floor is terrazzo. I do understand that this kind of floor is porous so there is going to be some difficulty in getting it clean. The glue surface left behind is rough, gritty and is holding a lot of dirt. It looks...

Floor Tiles [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, My home is over 5 years old and I would like to install floor tiles, so, my question is, what do I have to do to the old concrete floor before I install the tiles. Thank you, Rhondine

View more questions Search