Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dawnistrue Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2009, 09:13 PM
    What are your rights if you violate probation?
    If someone violated probation while a home search was being done and something was found and they were arrested, do they still have to read miranda rights to them? Can they look in someone's pocketbook at the home of someone else who they are checking on if you are both on probation but the person with the pocketbook did not live there?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2009, 04:38 AM

Hello dawn:

If they're going to file NEW charges, and they wish to interrogate you, Miranda would have to be read. However, if they're just violating probation, the Miranda isn't necessary.

Part of the probation rules is that the person is subject to search at any time. If a purse is IN the house where a probationer is living, it IS subject to search...

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2009, 12:44 PM

The person who is on probation signed a piece of paper giving law enforcement the right to search their homes and/or property at any time. This piece of paper is standard probation paperwork or the person would not have been allowed to be put on probation without it.

Miranda is very confusing to understand for the lay person. In this instance, no, Miranda would not be necessary.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What happens if you violate felony probation? [ 9 Answers ]

I really really would appreciate your help on this matter! My father was arrested about a year ago for possession of drugs but the judge sentenced him to probation. He attended all his classes and gave drug tests that were all required in his probation. He has hep C and he became so ill he left...

Does a Speeding Ticket violate probation? [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend is on probation for a felony. He got a speeding ticket in Sept and reported it to his PO on voicemail and never heard anything about it. He was changing PO's at the time which could explain why they didn't say anything to him Then in Nov he violated probation because he forgot to...

Does traffic violation violate my probation? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello,I am a 17 year old male. I was put on probation for 1 year for possession of marijuana.I also lost my license for 6 months. This was on April 13th 2007 that I was put on probation. Since I was under 18, I went to family court. But last week, I was riding a \"Go-Ped\" (motorized scooter), the...

Violate of Probation [ 2 Answers ]

Back in Sept, of 2006 I went in front of a judge to terminate a court order of restraining order of my boyfriend. The judge approved. The thing is, his probation officer came to the house March 28, 2007 to arrest him because now they are saying he violoated probation because there is a stay away...

Will I violate probation? [ 4 Answers ]

I have to see my p.o. I am going to give him a dirty test, it's my first time on probation and in trouble (GM) (embezzlement.) it's not just thc dirty either. What might I expect?

View more questions Search