Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mericherry818 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2009, 07:43 PM
    2 1/2 months no pms 3 urine test negitive&2blood negative can I still be Pregnant?
    Hi 2 everyone I'm new and with a question. I haven't had my period for 2 months and a week in half now and soon be three, last menstrual was March 21,2009. I have done 3 urine test and are negative.I also have done two blood test done at medical school not a clinic is there a differents on test? And came out negative! Still no period only symptoms I have is stomach getting suprisley hard&bloated , TIERED a lot, Nauseas... can I still be pregnant and not know of it? I have asked my physician to do a blood draw in her clinic they say no because the urine comes out negitice... she says maybe is hormonal in balance.. but I don't know what to think anymore.. you guys think I should get a second opinion or ask for an ultrasound?? Or what's else can I have wrong with me PLEASE HELP ME!! :eek:
    velvetdraginfly Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2009, 08:10 PM
    Deffinatly go back to your doctor and tell them your concerns. It is possible it is hormonal. I am curranty going through the same thing. I went 9 months without a period and no baby. I had pregnancy tests done after 5 months and that's when I found out I was not pregnant. I amcurrently being tested for hormonal imbalance. Talk to your doctor. See if they will be willing to do an ultrasound, but also talk about getting tests for hormonal imbalance.
    skprim Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jun 3, 2009, 10:55 AM
    HI I am also going through a very similar situation I have had pregnancy symptoms like nobodys business especially nausea but I every test I take comes back negative. Including blood tests. I mentioned a possible hormonal imbalance to my doctor and she said there's no way to test for it. That didn't seem right to me and after reading your posts I wanted to ask you what tests exactly are they doing to check for hormonal imbalance. This has been going on for two months now and I just want to figure out what is going on with my body. I still feel like I could be pregnant but these negative tests really make me feel like there's no hope for it.

Jun 3, 2009, 10:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by skprim View Post
    HI I am also going through a very similar situation I have had pregnancy symptoms like nobodys business especially nausea but I every test I take comes back negative. including blood tests. I mentioned a possible hormonal imbalance to my doctor and she said theres no way to test for it. That didn't seem right to me and after reading your posts I wanted to ask you what tests exactly are they doing to check for hormonal imbalance. This has been going on for two months now and I just want to figure out what is going on with my body. I still feel like I could be pregnant but these negative tests really make me feel like theres no hope for it.
    Well to be honest with you I haven't had any hormonal inbalace check! That's only what my physician had told me it would possibly be that but hasn't gave me any test too Although your physician should put you on medication to balance out your hormones!! But before getting a suggest get an ultrasound too see if you are I have read of cases where some girls are pregnant and have negative results in all there test! One of the girls found out by an ultrasound hey physician suggested tooo doo and sure enough she was 8 weeks pregnant! and still will on her test will show negative results I know how crazy right!! That's why I'm so worry but I think if after tomorrow I don't get any results and my physician won't doo nothing about it I will get a second opinion!
    skprim Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jun 4, 2009, 10:03 AM
    I actually did get a pelvic and abdominal ultrasound done. I wanted the transvaginal but my doctor wouldn't do it. I just got the results back this morning and all that was found was an enlarged uterus and they want me to see a gyno for it. Now last month when I first started getting problems my gyno did a physical exam and she said my uterus felt small and of normal size. I called the gyno to make an apointment and they can't see me until June 30th so now I'm wondering is it possible that my uterus is enlarged now because there's a baby in there? I am so confused I don't even know if its possible that if it was they wouldn't have been able to see the baby I would probably be about 6 weeks when I had the test done. But thanks for your advice with the hormone imbalance when I finally get into see the doctor (im going to a different gyno this time the last one was of no help) Ill hopefully get some answers. THis process seems so difficult I always just thought when you got pregnant you miss a period throw up and their you go but its really just not that simple.

Jun 4, 2009, 05:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by skprim View Post
    I actually did get a pelvic and abdominal ultrasound done. I wanted the transvaginal but my doctor wouldnt do it. I just got the results back this morning and all that was found was an enlarged uterus and they want me to see a gyno for it. Now last month when I first started getting problems my gyno did a physical exam and she said my uterus felt small and of normal size. I called the gyno to make an apointment and they can't see me until june 30th so now im wondering is it possible that my uterus is enlarged now because theres a baby in there?? I am so confused I dont even know if its possible that if it was they wouldnt have been able to see the baby i would probably be about 6 weeks when I had the test done. But thanks for your advice with the hormone imbalance when I finally get into see the doctor (im going to a different gyno this time the last one was of no help) Ill hopefully get some answers. THis process seems so difficult I always just thought when u got pregnant u miss a period throw up and their u go but its really just not that simple.
    Ooooh wow really that's sounds crazy and wiered but good luck on everything!! Hopefully they find everything right! But what I know of the uters Is larger when your pregnant that's what I have read!! So maybe your are! And still don't know! As for me my physician cancel my appt with hm today so still don't know I'm thinking of going to another physician on Monday!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 negative blood test no period 2 months, can I still be pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi 2 everyone I'm new and with a question. I haven't had my period for 2 months now and soon be three, last menstrual was March 21,2009. I have done 3 urine test and are negative.I also have done two blood test done (at medical school not a clinic is there a differents on test?) and came out...

Four Days late negative test. [ 5 Answers ]

My cycle is always 28 days even an occasional 29 day. Today I am four days late. I have never been this late before. I took a pregnancy test yesterday morning. The first response test and it came back negative. I have been having cramping, head akes and have been very tired. There has been no...

25 days late negative hpt's and blood test. [ 1 Answers ]

I went to the hospital yesterday and had a blood and urine test done for pregnancy both came back negative. They said I had a bladder infection and put me on a liquid diet and sent me home. No antibiotics or anything. I am 25 days late and wanted to know could it still be possible for me to be...

3 months no period but negative pregnancy test [ 2 Answers ]

I have missed three periods and took pregnancy test which came back negative. I went to the doctor and the did pregnancy test still negative dos any one know what could be up. Thanks in advance.

View more questions Search