Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crystalyost Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2009, 06:30 PM
    Wanting son back
    I'm a mother of a 8 year old son who has been living with his fathers mom since April 21 2003. I had some legal trouble and was away from him and still am she lives in nj I live in pa but she basically refuses contact of any kind I don't want to just go and take him but I would like to get contact is there a legal way for me to get anything I only signed temperary cutody during my incarceration and I have been free and doing good since 2006. Any advice
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 2, 2009, 06:34 PM

Think of your son. He was only two or three when you went to prison, and now he probably wouldn't recognize you. Talk with a lawyer about getting supervised visits at first. See how those work out.
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2009, 08:19 PM

You will need to get a lawyer first. Then you can petition the court to allow you to have custody back, but it would be more likely that you would first be awarded visitation for a period and if all goes well gaining custody back after a graduated visitation schedule. You might stand a chance at getting full custody right away (because stranger things have happened) but I wouldn't count on it. I would imagine that the grandmother has a lawyer of her own and you won't be able to go up against him/her on your own.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2009, 06:32 AM

You are wise in saying "I dont want to go and just take him" because that would land you in jail for 10-20 years for kidnapping.

Like the others have said, get a lawyer and request visitation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wanting to bring back my ex girlfriend! [ 56 Answers ]

Hi I'm 24 years old and my ex girfriend is 22. We dated for 14 wonderful months, and it was just something so special that everyone could see the love and connection we had. This girl was adopted at the age of 12 by two christian parents who have helped her deal with her messed up childhood. She...

Is my ex boyfriend wanting me back? [ 4 Answers ]

OK my ex boyfriend broke up with me about a month or so ago for a girl on the internet in Texas and he said he wanted nothing to do with me and wanted to just forget about me. So I decided OK that's the way he wants so I went on. Couple weeks later he gets my cell # and starts texting me and tells...

I am wanting custody of my daughter back [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to get custody of my daughter back. I had to give up custody in January this year due to no funds for the attorney and to end a long stressful divorce. I can go back to court in February 2008 to fight but I am not sure what to do. I know I have to do a petition but I am not sure what...

Am I an Idiot for wanting her back? [ 51 Answers ]

Almost a year ago, I fell for this girl that I met through a mutual friend,when I met her she currently had a boyfriend, but about two-three weeks later things between him and her ended. About two days later I was in a room alone with her, and we hit it off instantly, we talked and then ended up...

I am on an emotional rollercoaster wanting him back [ 4 Answers ]

So I am an ambitious, fun, attractive 26 year old. Had a bad break up and moved to London. Finally got myself sorted and loved being single again and after 4 years of being single (apart from the odd fling here and there) I met *Daniel. Met at a work event - I asked him out on a date and that was...

View more questions Search