Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    usrymichael Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2009, 04:57 PM
    Air Handler noisy
    What could cause my interior air handler to become noisy? The home is about 12 years old. I went away for the weekend and return to a noisy air handler. It's a Lennox, sounds like it's coming from the blower. What should I do?
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2009, 05:42 PM

Could be the blower motor, or the blower wheel. Alos there is a cance something got sucked up into the wheel. Turn the power of and spin it by hand see if it rubs or makes a vibration.
    dac122 Posts: 463, Reputation: 17

Jun 3, 2009, 04:36 AM

Other things to check are loose mounting screws, or the blower wheel might just need cleaning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air handler [ 4 Answers ]

My, carrier indoor air handler keep shorting out low voltage transformers. I've replaced 2 of them, the system will run for about 5 hrs. before it shorts out. ...

Noisy Air Handler [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to change the fan for Central Air/Heating to one that is much more quiet or do I have to live with turning up the TV every time it cycles? It is not the fan per se, but more like the volume of air rushing through the system.

Noisy/vibation from air handler [ 1 Answers ]

My air handler unit is very noisy and seems to vibrate most of our house. Can you please help?

Air Handler [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Trane heat pump and air handler. When I select heat, the blower does NOT run, but the outside unit fan turns very slow and the breaker trips. Do I have a problem with the handler blower or the outside unit? Should the handler blower run when the thermostat is selected to "ON" regardless...

Noisy Interior Air Handler: Silence Please! [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchased a condo on the top floor of a midrise building. The main return air handler is situated in the living room... unattractive but mainly very noisy! A conversation stopper... or you have to yell when unit is working. Is there any possible way, short of major surgery, to make this...

View more questions Search