Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caesars charm Posts: 80, Reputation: 7

Oct 20, 2006, 10:33 AM
    Thanks K_3! Last night I started at one of my end tables and just got half of it done yet. It seems to be pretty good but a little sanding needs to be done in between I think. I'll probably get at it again tonight seeing that seems to be my only peaceful time. Did you sand in between or did you keep applying more stain? I'll let you know how it turns out after I finish this one. It sure is time consuming.
    K_3 Posts: 304, Reputation: 74

Oct 21, 2006, 06:31 AM
    Yes, it is going to need sanding between. Yes, it certainly takes more time to get it off than on. HA

Oct 21, 2006, 10:23 AM
    Hey guys! Having a wonderful time. Thought there was no light at the end of the tunnel and yes LunaGoddess the journey has begun. HA! I've got two end tables sanded now but they need just a little more stripper in a few places like up in the corners and stuff. I'm pretty much down to the pure wood now. When I get that done I guess I'll just have to clean them up again and put on the Minwax right? I figured the job wouldn't be so hard with water paint but not realizing that there was a wax on before that and then wax on top of the water paint. SUCKER FOR PUNISHMENT! Not only that, I know I should have been doing this outside but because of the weather I knew that wasn't possible so last night I was high as a kite and today dizzy. Very impatient and has to be done yesterday.
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Oct 21, 2006, 10:37 AM
    I want pictures!

Oct 21, 2006, 05:33 PM
    LunaGoddess, I'll see what I can do for you pic wise when they're all done. All depends on if I'm proud of my job or not. HA!
    K_3 Posts: 304, Reputation: 74

Oct 22, 2006, 07:49 AM
    Oh you sound like me. When I want to do something I just cannot wait. It takes time but isn't it beautiful. I too am looking forward to pictures.

Oct 22, 2006, 09:03 AM
    Hi K_3. Put stain on my end tables last night and I am very pleased. Considering the strength of it coming up through the vents all night. You really need to do it in your shed or something but where I live the temperatures are getting cold now and it's inside or nothing. You really do sound a lot like me. I was kind of thinking that after I received a few replies from you. Nice to know there's another you out there somewhere. I'll see about pics when I complete. Thanks for another comeback.
    cedwick Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2007, 12:05 PM
    A better way to go would be having a mixture of old looking and modern looking furniture. Rooms look more stylish that way

Oct 27, 2007, 04:16 PM
    Hi Cedwick. When I did my coffee and end tables I did mix them with some old and some new furniture. I used a plaid sofa, an old lay bed next to my fireplace and used a chest for touch. I also painted my fireplace mantle an off white which looked nice. Some old looking shelves on the walls also. Then I put some old and new items here and there. I must say I'm very pleased.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furniture companies [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there. I have a question about the top ten furniture companies in the USA. Does anyone know who are the top ten furnitute companies in the USA? Or does anyone know where I can find this information on the web? Thank you.

Anchor furniture down [ 1 Answers ]

I have a pool with a vinyl liner and would like to anchor the outdoor chairs and table furniture down. How do I do this on cement we get alt of wind and I do not want the furniture to blow into the pool with a vinyl liner?

Top ten furniture factories [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there. I have a question about the top ten furniture companies in the USA. Does anyone know who are the top ten furnitute companies in the USA? Or does anyone know where I can find this information on the web? Thank you.

Top ten furniture factories [ 0 Answers ]

View more questions Search