Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scortcho Posts: 78, Reputation: 3

Jun 1, 2009, 11:02 PM
    I need a girls opinion
    I've liked this girl for a long time, I want to ask her out but it's kind of a long shot. Also I've always been rather a romantic so of course I wrote a poem. I plan to send it to her this summer when I'll be in south korea. Is this a good idea or am I just thinking like a romance novel? What would you think if this happened to you? Below is the poem, I'm still working on it but I want to know what you think. Is it too cheesy? What's good? What's bad? That kind of thing.

I've lived my life not wanting much
    But when I first saw you my heart was touched
    You've changed my world, you've changed my life
    I think of you and forget my strife
    I see your smile, your eyes, your hair
    When I see you I try not to stare
    I can't explain how you make me feel
    All I know is that it's real
    And like a flame or a spark
    I can feel it in my heart
    Like a burning in my chest I feel the flame
    I feel it when I hear your name
    Thinking of us, when we're together
    Thinking for now thinking forever
    visions of you running through my head
    During the day or when I'm lying in bed
    I'm always thinking about you, even in my dreams
    I can't get you off my mind it seams
    Wishing to hold you in my arms
    Protecting you from fears and harms
    (probably going to add more)
    While I'm wishing you were nearer
    I'm seeing things clearer
    For, only now that I'm so far away
    Do I realize what I've been wanting to say
    There's nothing that I'd rather do
    Than live life and grow old with you
    I'm giving you my heart to take
    Preying that it doesn't break
    And while I know you may love another
    I'd always hoped we'd end up with each other
    Or am I living in a fantasy
    Were I love you and you love me
    (I need a good way to end it that really puts the point across)
    Silver Lining Posts: 374, Reputation: 36
    -

Jun 2, 2009, 12:46 AM

Wow... its beautiful,, I loved the poem,, if I were not in love, I'd surely fall for it...

Well dear,, u wan a girl's opinion,, here I go,,
    To start with, what kind of gal is she.. is she simple, caring and loving.. or spunky, tomboy.. or bubbly smiling talkative ? Or one with a lot of ego.. (if it's the last one, don give her the poem,, it'l b a waste of your efforts,, )

I think a poem is a beautiful idea,, not many men are romantic,, even if they are, they do not have the talent of writing such a beautiful poem,,

M sure the gal with melt with the poem,, but if you want to make it more special, make (or buy) a simple card, write your poem in there,, give her the card along with roses of all good colors,, let her know that you like her as a fren (Yellow), u think shez pure (white), u like her more than a fren (pink) n may be you love her too (red),, the colors may have a different meaning from where you are, but this is what I feel it means,, orange -u brighten my day, dark pink -confused by the way love and friendship, etc,,

Or send her a bunch of roses of your choice and mention its for those days you can't c her (cuz u'l b in N Korea :( )

Or be anonymous for a few days and send flowers, cards etc,, make her feel special,, then give yourself up with your poem,,

Remember, keep it simple,, if you start with something very very special, u'l b out of ideas for the next move,,

Jun 2, 2009, 04:19 PM

Alight, cool. I'm glad you liked the poem, (I wrote it in biology one day when I was supposed to be working) yeah I was worried it'd be too cheesy.
    Flowers are a good idea.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 2, 2009, 04:37 PM

The rhymes seem forced. Could you turn it into free verse?
    JustLaw Posts: 124, Reputation: 8

Jun 2, 2009, 05:30 PM
    I agree about the rhyming. It's a cool idea. I think that the best poetry doesn't rhyme... but everyone is different.
    snow124 Posts: 116, Reputation: 28

Jun 2, 2009, 05:45 PM
    Yeah, the rhyming seems structured in a bad way. Just my opinion - good of you to write it though! I'm sure she'll like it.
    Syzygy Posts: 32, Reputation: 8

Jun 2, 2009, 06:40 PM

Yes, the rhyming is awkward. I personally think free verse poems don't sound much like a poem but rather a paragraph.

If you want to keep the rhyming scheme, you're going to have to stick to one flow and not jump around with your thoughts. This is what's making it awkward.

Jun 2, 2009, 07:19 PM

All right cool, I agree that it's a bit rough to read but I've got time to get it right.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teenage guys' opinion on snakebites on girls? [ 11 Answers ]

I was just wondering what some opinons were on girl that have snakebites were. Like or dislike? :)

Do guys tend to lose interest in girls more quickly if the girls are easily dated? [ 11 Answers ]

It seems like most of the guys that I have dated lost interest in me if we started dating fairly quickly and easily. It seemed to happen even more quickly once we were in a relationship and I asked if we could go out to certain events or see certain things. Then most of the guys that have asked...

What do you think girls opinion [ 4 Answers ]

My girl is angry with me because I didn't respect her in public and kissed her touched her and now she so angry she says she feels for his old friend that waited for her 3 years and she make a mistake that she didn't give him a chance... now she says I wait when study start because they study...

I Need your opinion on this one [ 4 Answers ]

O.k. What are some of the potential effect of shoplifting on an individual, a business or agency? What are the differences between financial, physical, and emotional injury as it relates to shoplifting? :confused:

Need some help / opinion [ 16 Answers ]

I've been swimming at the university pool since July and sort of known this boy. It took him a couple of weeks of saying 'hi' and chit chat to ask for my number and ask if I wanted to have lunch (that was August). Although we agreed to meet up (weeks later), he didn't show up... and had some...

View more questions Search